Process Technician - Wilmington, NC
Process Tech II
Schedule - Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm
2. Job Description
• The Process Tech will be responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting, adjusting system parameters of the pollution abatement systems, which includes baghouses, scrubbers, and neutralization unit operations. Techs also direct the work of trades when repairs are needed. Tech is also responsible for maintaining inventory levels of several bulk gasses. Involvement in projects that will affect pollution abatement or raw material usage/storage is also required.
3. Top 3-5 Technical Skills Needed
• Ability to understand chemical unit operation systems and how they work. Systems include equipment and components like fans, pumps, pressurized cylinders, cryogenic gasses, valves, check valves, and regulators.
• Ability to troubleshoot complex systems.
• Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
• Computer literate in excel, word and other Microsoft products
4. Required/Desired Qualifications
• Must have a minimum of 3 years experience in an industrial setting.
• 2 year degree is a nice to have, not required
5. Estimated Duration for Position
• 2 years
6. Work Schedule
• 7am-5pm - minimal travel
• Scheduled off hours support and weekend support required
7. PPE Needed
• Safety shoes - over the ankle
• Safety Glasses
• Full Face Respirator and associated medical documentation and fit testing, expected to only be used around 20-30 hours over the course of a full year
• Hearing Protection
8. Equipment to be used in the position
• Distributive Controls system (DCS) contains archived information and trending capability. This is the main troubleshooting tool.
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Process Technician
Location: Wilmington, NC
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 315771
Posted Date: 3/13/2018