Lab Systems Engineer - 3rd shift - Durham, NC
Lab Systems Engineer - 3rd shift, 1:00 AM to 9:00 AM
The Lab Systems Engineer will be responsible for supporting labs consisting of storage arrays, high performance servers, enterprise applications, and the supporting infrastructure. The candidate will be responsible for the infrastructure, building XtremIO clusters to end-user specifications, as well as for on-going maintenance tasks. He/she will also be required to support the efforts of extending XtremIO lab space. XtremIO lab space is spread across local and remote labs, located both in Israel and in the US. The majority of the work will be in Durham NC but the candidate may be asked to help support remote labs from time to time. We are looking for a proactive and hands-on individual who will take ownership of supporting a large computer lab space and support a wide range of use cases.
- Creation of XtremIO xbrick clusters to end-user specifications
- Host installation, configuration, and zoning
- Support virtualized infrastructure environment which includes DHCP, PXE, LDAP, etc.
- Handle trouble tickets dealing with hardware and configuration issues
- Track and help manage assets and inventory rotations
- Able to review, understand, and troubleshoot bash/python scripts created by others to automate cluster bring-up and changes. Ability to write such scripts is a plus.
Required Skill Set:
- At least 4 years of experience as a system administrator in Linux and Windows environment (High proficiency working in Linux environment is a must)
- In-depth knowledge of SAN systems (FC and iSCSI)
- Knowledge of Virtualization concepts & experience with VMware vSphere
- Linux Scripting Knowledge (Bash, Perl, Python-any combination)
- Ability to work independently
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Lab Systems Engineer - 3rd shift
Location: Durham, NC
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 328248
Posted Date: 6/13/2018