Project Controls Analyst / Engineer - Pittsburgh, PA
Project Controls Analyst / Engineer (Pipeline, Process Plant or Oil and Gas Industry preferred)
Advantage ref # 328314
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Construction Engineering or equivalent
- The individual must have a minimum of 5 years experience in pipeline, process plants or other oil and gas industry construction
- 5-10 years related work experience in project controls / project planning.
- 5-10 years Primavera P6 experience and scheduling in a construction environment is an asset
- Relocate to Construction site as needed for temporary period of time. (Tri-state area) Penn, Oh, WV
- Previous Capital Project experience from working in oil and gas production, construction of major facilities, power generation or public infrastructure is a plus.
In this role you will be responsible for developing and maintaining Earned Value Management (EVM) tools for construction scope of work, Total Installed Cost (TIC) and cash flow forecasts, monitoring, and analyzing capital project for cost and schedules performance.
Maintaining and working with the existing reporting tool to capture all key project controls KPIs to achieve best-in-class results in capital project predictability.
The Project Controls Analyst/Engineer will report directly to the Project Controls Manager / Supervisor but will support all construction team members daily for progress tracking and reporting the same to project management team.
The role requires the ability to use advanced and up to date integrated project controls software systems for capital projects, particularly construction phase.
- Participate in the review and approval of baseline packages from External Contractors
- Distribute approved projects budget to baseline Work Breakdown Structure according to the Projects Execution and Contracting Plan
- Align cost forecast and cash flow with the projects execution schedule.
- Prepare monthly EAC forecast for PM review and approval.
- Prepare Earned Value Weekly Reports and issue with analyzed reporting components.
- Ensure that internal and external project schedules align in the Master Schedule.
- Track installation rates and weather related inefficiencies continuously to project completion dates
- Assist PM with Contingency management, by tracking EWRs and notifying Contingency Balances
- Attend Site meetings and assist with timely resolution of pending EWRs
- Effectively and accurately communicate relevant project controls information to the project team
- Work directly with key stakeholders, project managers and project engineers at their respective locations or within their business area to answer questions and resolve issues pertaining to Project Controls
- Prepare reports and presentations associated with the above requirements
- Advanced knowledge of cost accounting and engineering practices, Work Breakdown Structure creation and management, and work packaging strategy from engineering to construction
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including the ability to manipulate large amounts of data and perform complex functions within Access and Excel
- Proficiency in computer skills including, but not limited to, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, SharePoint and Primavera
- Experience with engineering and construction based cost systems (productivity, performance measurement, progress tracking, etc.)
- Experience with project control tracking/forecasting/scheduling software systems
- Demonstrated conceptual, analytical, and problem solving skills towards the generation of solutions and sound decisions
- Strong communication skills, confident interacting with stakeholders in verbal, written and electronic form
- General Comments
Up to 50% Travel to construction sites. (Tri-state area) Penn, Oh, WV
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Project Controls Analyst / Engineer
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 328314
Posted Date: 6/13/2018