HW/SW Lab Support Technician - Durham, NC
HW/SW Lab Support Technician
Durham, NC 27703
Perform installations, preventive and remedial maintenance of servers, software, network, storage and SAN equipment located in LAB computing environment. Adhere to administrative policies and escalation procedures. Answer technical questions about data center hardware and software. Interface with server and storage vendors to establish successful integration of equipment into associated systems, including technical assistance. Seeks assistance when needed, demonstrates self-initiative. Performs other duties as required.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for assisting in the design of the computing infrastructure within the lab computing environment.
• Responsible for deployment of new servers and storage arrays.
• Monitor and troubleshoot the technical environment for problems.
• Maintain a working knowledge of all documented processes and procedures.
• Identify system performance issues and develop tools for better system management.
• Ensure that all services are consistently available to all end users. Provide technical assistance and consulting to the users if necessary.
• Create and maintain storage allocation. Complete proactive and preventative system upgrades. Maintain accurate hardware inventory records.
• 3 years VMware ESXi and vCenter experience or VCA, VCP, or VCAP certifications, highly desired
• Proficiency in hardware, software and/or operating systems environments
• Troubleshooting skills
• Communication skills
• Technical writing skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to work in a high-pressure environment
• Customer Service skills
• Bachelors (Non -Technical)
• 2+ years relevant experience
• Application installation, configuration, and performance benchmarking for surveillance applications, Windows Server, Quickbase (not mandatory)
Regular work schedule: Mon-Friday 8am-5pm
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: HW/SW Lab Support Technician
Location: Durham, NC
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 328371
Posted Date: 6/13/2018