Engineer, Quality - Fountain Valley, CA
- This position responsibility is to monitor and identify product quality issues, issue RCA’s, review and release PPAP’s, develop quality assurance plans for assigned suppliers for new accessory launches, and audit suppliers.
- Assure suppliers capability of manufacturing by developing detail quality plan.
- Monitor and input quality guidelines during product development with development Engineers prior to PPAP release.
- Coordinate quality guidelines and work closely with development Engineers from planning, prototyping, pre-production and production of products. Develop Quality launch plan and coordinate with suppliers. Review and confirm adequate completion of PPAP samples and ensure PPAP documents meet required quality and Engineering specifications prior to submission to customers. Follow up on submitted PPAP's from H/KMA PQ to ensure timely approval of accessories. Issue approved PSW to supplier, MPA team members Update log book and PPAP files. (30%)
- Attend design/fitment reviews of accessories and ensure all open issues are closed prior to PPAP submission. Define and establish market-focused quality targets for assigned accessories in New Accessory Forms. Process and submit New Accessory Forms within 3 days of receipt. Update QA Project log book every week and QA Manager on all ongoing QA Projects. (30
- Identify product quality issues in the market by reviewing warranty claims data and other established means. Investigate and determine need and responsibility for corrective action, initiate corrective action request (RCA) and confirm effective resolution. Maintain and update RCA log book. (20%)
- Develop quality assurance plans with assigned suppliers to assure compliance with all quality requirements and design specifications. Outline and report on completion status, open issues, action plans and make recommendations to the core team and Manager of quality assurance at planned milestones. Update and make sure the Accessory Launch Plan is current. Attend design/fitment reviews of accessories and ensure open issues are closed prior to PPAP submission. (10%)
- Audit new and current candidate supplier quality systems per MPA quality system requirements. Evaluate supplier capability in meeting MPA quality targets. Issue Audit report within one week after audit. Follow up audit RCA to assure affectivity of corrective action plans. Update Supplier Audit Log book. (10%)
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Review PPAP documents and submits to HMA or KMA.
- Issue PPAP approvals to accessory team.
- Review quality reports and issues RCA to suppliers and get corrective actions.
- Attends, accessory meetings, design and fitment reviews of accessories.
- Audit suppliers.
- The candidate must be able to resolve daily issues related to Quality Assurance activities.
- Any decision involving financial approval must be approved in writing by manager.
Bachelor's degree in a related Engineering discipline, (Mechanical, or Electrical)
- Years of Experience, 2-4 years
- Engineering required
Additional Experience Requirements:
- Directly related professional level engineering experience in Quality Engineering (Supplier or OEM).
- The following technical backgrounds are required: direct knowledge of SPC/ Design/Process FMEA, Quality Management System, Supplier Audits, (ISO/TS16949, QS-9000, ISO9000, etc.), ASTM standards, manufacturing processes.
- Willing to travel between 20% to 40% (including day, overnight and overseas).
- Computer Skills
- Reasoning Ability
- Use of intermediate software packages (word processing, spreadsheets)
Fountain Valley, CA
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Temp to Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Engineer, Quality
Location: Fountain Valley, CA
Job Type: Temp to Hire Position
Reference ID: 340022
Posted Date: 1/9/2019