Advanced Quality Engineer - Connersville, IN
Ensures that Advanced Quality deliverables such as the preparation and on-time delivery of new product Launch-related Customer Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) packages are completed per requirements.
· Participates and provides input in design reviews and the development of the DFMEA.
· Facilitates/participates in the development and review of plant PFMEA and Control Plans to ensure robust process/product controls are in place for mitigating risk through the launch phases and that lessons learned, customer rejections, and warranty concerns are captured in these documents.
· Develops past problem history, warranty reports, and lessons learned to ensure countermeasures are in place for new launches.
· Ensures compliance with all applicable Customer-specific systems and requirements.
· Applies statistical process control (SPC) methods for analyzing data to evaluate the current process and process changes.
· Documents data obtained during all quality assurance activities, consistent with company policies and procedures.
· Develops new approaches to solve problems identified during quality assurance activities utilizing 8Ds and associated problems solving tools.
· Participates in Launch Readiness Reviews and ensures PPAP and quality-related AQP concerns are raised and escalated as necessary.
· Interfaces and attends customer meetings relating to launches.
· Supports DV/PV builds and verify that parts meet dimensional and functional requirements.
· Communicates significant issues or developments identified during quality assurance activities and provides recommended process improvements to management.
· Establishes and maintains good working relationships with customers resulting in excellent customer satisfaction.
· Participates in large engineering projects and cost initiatives by completing specific assigned tasks.
· Bachelor degree, preferably in an engineering or technical discipline from an accredited institution.
· 2-4 years’ experience in automotive advanced quality, manufacturing, or engineering.
· Must understand APQP concept through production.
· Up to 20% travel.
· Experience and competency in advanced quality planning including strong proficiency with the AIAG core tools (Advanced Quality Planning and Control Plans, FMEAs, PPAPs, MSA and Statistical Process Control (SPC) standards).
· Hands-on SPC knowledge, Six Sigma, lean manufacturing, or project management desired.
· Proactive approach to identifying and avoiding problems at an early stage.
· Excellent problem solving skills, including experience preparing problem solving documents such as 8D’s.
· Solid organizational skills and demonstrated effectiveness to lead and collaborate with cross-functional/global teams. Strong drive to complete assignments within program timing in order to ensure a flawless serial production launch.
· Demonstrates professionalism when dealing with external customers and internal staff.
· Possess working knowledge of automotive or industrial manufacturing including flow, layout, assembly, and production equipment.
· Working knowledge of IATF16949 preferred. Auditing experience, a plus.
· American Society for Quality certification, such as current CQE status, is desirable
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Advanced Quality Engineer
Location: Connersville, IN
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 350101
Posted Date: 1/7/2019