Powertrain Controls Engineer - Auburn Hills, MI
- Participate in a team of engineers responsible for the development, integration, build and test of software for control module for various control algorithm analysis, design, implementation, bench/dyno/vehicle testing.
- Perform failure mode analysis, diagnostic analysis, design, implementation and testing.
- Perform software requirements analysis, design, coding, test plan creation, and testing for Control Features.
- Perform reviews for Requirements, Design Documents, Simulink Models, C/C++/Assembly code, and Test Plans.
- Create RTW/Target Link Models.
- 3-5 years experience
- Our Gasoline Engine Controls and Diagnostics Development Team has several opportunities to provide exciting and challenging assignments to experienced powertrain and engine control algorithm development engineers in the areas of: Gas exchange processes (valve control, turbocharging, EGR, tumble flap, etc.)
- Fuel systems (port and direct injection systems)Combustion processes (spark and compression ignition)Utilization of sensors in feedback and feed forward control strategies
- -Integrated powertrain control (torque characterization, engine/transmission interactions, powertrain optimization strategies)Alternator and electrical load management
- Thermal characterization and thermal management
- Controls algorithm development typically begins as an advanced effort, but must ultimately meet program timelines and conform to high level/functional requirements.
- Algorithm development is done using Matlab-Simulink and rapid prototyping tools.
- The work is performed in the vehicle, dynamometer and/or simulator environment.
- The successful candidate will use these tools to develop algorithms and follow the development through to production software, including the development of all supporting documentation (includes FMEAs, testing and validation reports) and calibration guides.
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Physics, Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, or Computer Engineering, or related Engineering field from an ABET accredited university
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the area of automotive powertrain controls development
- Subject matter experience in one or more of the areas listed above
- Good overall knowledge of IC engines and engine control systems
- Experience in standard control tools, modeling/simulation/development/testing/validation
- Outstanding interpersonal and problem solving skills
- A quick study, but one who is not afraid to ask for the help and support of the team
- Will be a self-starter who is able to work cross-functionally with other organizations
- Advanced degree desired
- 7+ years' experience in the area of automotive powertrain controls development
- Engine calibration and/or embedded software experience a plus
- Matlab-Simulink experience desired
Auburn Hills, MI
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Powertrain Controls Engineer
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 350484
Posted Date: 1/10/2019