Powertrain Engine Calibration Engineer - Auburn Hills, MI
- Perform calibration verification tasks and provide summarized testing results utilizing Powertrain development tools set, Excel and or Matlab scripts.
- On-road data collection in support of required development data population sets.
- Conduct verification testing to ensure diagnostic calibration and software meet functional objectives -- this may be a combination of vehicle and HIL testing and is comprised of inducing and removing faults to ensure MIL illumination / MIL clearing is compliant and operates as expected Procurement and evaluation of limit parts from hardware design organizations for robustness testing.
- Perform transmission adaptation learning, transmission fault clearing.
- Update development fleet of vehicles through various pre-production hardware and software upgrades.
- Utilize CDA tool and associated tools to complete vehicle scan reports of all modules.
- Coordinate vehicles through emission rolls testing including flashing engine and transmission controllers.
- Coordinate vehicle build-up and tear-down work orders.
- Coordinate instrumentation allocations.
- Support vehicle product launch at assembly plant as engine system representative
- Support vehicle field issues on as needed basis to collect data on customer vehicles to determine problem resolution.
- BSME, BSMET,BSEE, BSEET, BS CS, BS CST or equivalent from an ABET Accredited University.
- Understanding of engine and transmission fundamentals.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Preferred Requirements 6 months of experience in Powertrain Systems Calibration Development, OBD calibration or transmission calibration.
- 6 month ETAS INCA Tool Experience or equivalent data acquisition experience.
- 1 yr experience with MATLAB / SIMULINK in controls environment.
Driving and Travel Requirements:
- Will be required to drive a company car.
- A valid drivers license is required as well as a clean driving record.
- Will be required to travel domestically and internationally up to 20%
Auburn Hills, MI
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Powertrain Engine Calibration Engineer
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 350520
Posted Date: 1/10/2019