Resident Engineer - Detroit, MI
- Provide technical direction regarding root cause analysis, issue resolution and establish corrective actions serving as the subject matter expert within the manufacturing facility.
- Employ advanced problem-solving expertise to correct unfavorable variances and communicate alternative measures to mitigate engineering, timing and/or financial issues.
- Support product design intent and function while assisting with identification and solutions of manufacturing constraints.
- Identify risks/hazards associated with product designs, processes, applications, applying lessons learned, and assist in the generation of FMEA's and associated Control Plans.
- Provide expert technical leadership in coordinating and directing cross functional teams in the application of quality initiatives.
- Deliver clear direction to skilled and non-skilled trades in the operation of product testing to generate necessary quality test data.
- Provide supervision necessary to perform, administer or direct rework/repair methods and processes in compliance with engineering standards. Develop programs to support World Class Manufacturing.
- Resident Quality Engineer / Supplier Quality to support Supplier Relations & Management / new engine launch at Mack Engine PlantBSME or BSEE from an ABET accredited University
- 3-5 years experience in Quality Engineering / Manufacturing processes / Automotive assembly operations
- Effective root cause analysis, problem solving skills and implementing corrective actions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work in cross functional teams
- Experience and working knowledge of computer systems and MS Office software requiredAssertive, Results oriented
- Must be flexible to work in a fast-paced unionized manufacturing environment and flexible with work schedule including afternoon shift, overtime and weekends
- May be required to drive a company vehicle - valid drivers license & clean driving record required
- May be required to travel domestic & international (0-20%)
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Resident Engineer
Location: Detroit, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 351221
Posted Date: 1/10/2019