IP & Systems Engineer - Wake Forest, NC
Job Title - IP & Systems Engineer
Location - Wake Forest, NC - 27587
Duration – 6 Months
• Monitor event alarms in multiple systems, raise request and perform basic diagnostics of the problem and dispatch using multiple dispatch systems.
• Track major service outages and other service affecting activities. Advise inter-department groups of occurrences and ensure progress towards resolution.
• Handle internal/external customer escalations via phone, Remedy tickets, Solarwinds or email and escalate further any customer-related issues to the appropriate group or manager as necessary.
• Understand the triage and service level agreement policies for the tickets and resolve issue within the given time frame.
• Keep customer informed on incident/request status and progress as per defined by service level requirements.
• Configuration and troubleshooting of networks & wireless equipment.
• Minimum of 3 years of hands on experience required configuring and troubleshooting of wireless networks and equipment.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in a technical assistance center, help desk, Network Operation Center or technical contact center environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills required.
• Ability to work all shifts including weekends & holidays in a 7x24x365 environment.
• Network monitoring experience - preferably with Solarwinds
• Ability to learn in an on-the-job training environment.
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Telecommunication, Networking or related field.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Experienced in Cisco Meraki, Ruckus, and Aerohive
• Experience monitoring the status of system outages and keeping management & customer informed of any changes.
• Knowledge of NTM Remedy, SolarWinds, Oracle or other ticketing and dispatching system.
• Experience with use of Microsoft Office Excel, Word and SharePoint.
• Valid Cisco CCENT or CCNA Wireless certification
• ITIL 2011 certification
Wake Forest, NC
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: IP & Systems Engineer
Location: Wake Forest, NC
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 351357
Posted Date: 1/4/2019