System Cost Engineer – Engine Systems - Auburn Hills, MI
- Individual is responsible for component cost throughout program life for assigned commodities - including setting piece cost and investment targets, negotiation support for new business placement and design changes.
- Working from process Bill of Material, drawings and/or samples the individual must be able to develop technical cost and investment/tooling models for Engine Systems components and systems using activity based costing methodologies.
- Individual provides subject matter expertise to support engineering and purchasing organizations at working levels and to executive leadership. Individual must have the ability to analyze supplier quotes and reach agreement on appropriate piece cost and tooling cost using activity based costing.
- Individual must have understanding of elements of piece cost and investment for various manufacturing processing typical for the production of assigned commodities.
- The Engine Systems Tooling/Process Cost Engineer is responsible for approval of tooling in OEM System and Asset Verification of tooling after tooling has been built.
- The Engine System components include Engine Cooling, Fuel Systems, Air Induction System, and Exhaust Systems.
- Bachelor's Degree Required, Finance, Business, and Engineering is highly preferred.
- Candidate must have 5 or more years of automotive product development, design, design/release costing for Engine Systems components. Highly preferred activity based costing experience with engine systems components.
- MS Office and Google Suite proficient.
- Excellent communication skills (oral & written).
- Team Center proficiency preferred.
- Occasional day trips with possible overnight travel are required, potential international travel to Mexico.
- Will be required to drive a company car.
- Valid drivers license is required as well as a clean driving record.
Auburn Hills, MI
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: System Cost Engineer – Engine Systems
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 351374
Posted Date: 1/10/2019