Project Manager (Advisor level) - Round Rock, TX
Project Manager (Advisor level)
The candidate should have: Project Manager with 8+ years of experience as project/program manager.
- Drives all aspects of IT Project and Program activity, including collaborating and coordinating across all IT and business segments.
- Defines project value proposition, scope, work plan, resource needs, timeline and budget for IT projects.
- Manages resources (i.e., capital requirements and human capital, etc.) to complete project/program on time and within budget.
- Keeps team and leadership updated on project status and risk factors.
- Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables.
- Provides technical and process guidance to project team.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manages multiple projects, typically in single functional area, or a moderately complex project
- Identifies opportunities and makes recommendations for Process Improvements and/or Application Reliability Management
- Provides performance feedback to leaders of project team members
- Works under direction of IT Senior Managers and/or more senior Project Managers
- Has extensive interaction with internal customers (i.e., Product Managers, Project Managers, and Business Analysts, etc.) and limited interaction with senior business leadership
- Drives the development and execution of project plan by working with project team to define, sequence, and estimate duration of activities and determine schedules to meet project objectives
- Ensures consistency and adherence to Dell standards, processes, and policies for all projects.
- 8+ years Project/Program Management experience
- Manages all aspects of the project execution including: chartering, scope definition, requirements gathering, project planning, change control, risk management and reporting
- Facilitates and manages resource planning, cost estimation, budget development, and cost control
- Manages the identification, resolution and escalation of project risks and issues
- Tracks project budget and resource utilization against plan
- Plans and executes project communications ensuring timely and accurate distribution of information, documentation, and issue resolution to all appropriate team members
- Track Defect Turnaround times proactively during SIT
Game-changing technology global projects need expert project managers to drive them – and that’s where our Project Program Management IT team comes into its own.
We lead all aspects of IT project, program and portfolio activity and collaborate across all areas of the company to get results for our customers that exceed their expectations. Focused on completing projects and programs on time, within scope and budget, we define the project value proposition, manage resources, guide project team members and keep leaders updated on the project status and risk factors.
Flexible work schedule as it is required to work with US, Brazil and India 12-18 month assignment
Round Rock, TX
United States of America
Information Technology / IT - Systems
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Project Manager (Advisor level)
Location: Round Rock, TX
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 351588
Posted Date: 1/5/2019