Construction Coordinator - Downstream Project - Westlake, LA
Reporting to the Construction Lead or Supervisor, the Construction Coordinator will assist with the home office and field-based construction related activities. The Construction Coordinator brings specialist skills to key construction activities such as technical and safety integrity of the field engineering, field procurement, interfaces with QA, and facilities start-up activities. The Construction Coordinator is competent to supervise all technical discipline work associated with the assigned object(s) and may also be assigned to work in other functional areas e.g. facilities commissioning, engineering coordination or operations interface coordination.
Daily you will:
- The Construction Coordinator generally reports to the Construction Lead and may be responsible for Assisting with developing the Construction Execution Plan, which details the contracting strategy, management systems and staffing through which the build will be completed
- Influencing design engineering work to ensure accessibility in all areas of the facility including Inside battery limits (ISBL) and outside battery limits (OSBL) and for efficient use of yard space
- Ensuring major equipment and sub-structures are arranged for efficient handling and lifting
- Coordinating with the site team, this includes discipline construction supervision in civil, structural, mechanical, welding, non destructive testing (NDT), electrical, instrumentation, piping, coatings, insulation, fireproofing, pre-commissioning, rigging and heavy lifting disciplines and field staff within Health Safety and Environmental, QA/QC, materials control, logistics, project controls and contract administration functions
- Implementing logistical and Human Resource solutions associated with mobilizing site teams, including offices, Information Technology, transportation and accommodation arrangements, emergency evacuation procedures, medical and recreational facilities
- Assisting with Pre-qualifying candidate fabricators and contractors and major package assembly sites
- Participating in bid clarification and kick-off meetings. Compiling fabrication scopes of work for contract documentation, specifying tender requirements and reviews draft contract terms
- Assisting with bid evaluation work for primary construction contracts. Participating in Site Safety Management System; delivering on pre-agreed site safety (and environmental) targets for Company and Contractor staff.
- Assisting construction lead with site QA/QC Management Systems utilizing 3rd party specialist contractor services as appropriate
- Reviewing and assisting Construction Management in approving of contractor's schedules and planning basis (norms)
- Ensuring veracity of progress statements. Specifying and negotiating progress recovery measures with the contractor as appropriate. Supervising in-house and contractor construction team activities
- 10 to 20 years experience as a Construction Coordinator
- 3-5 years' experience in major domestic or International capital project construction in the petroleum industry primarily in the area of site construction, fabrication, or installation, though other industry major industrial construction experience may qualify.
- One year of related construction site management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent training or education
- Demonstrable technical competency
- Second language (or aptitude for acquiring)
- Demonstrable interpersonal, team building and team leading skills.
Please reach out directly with any questions in regards to the role.
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Construction Coordinator - Downstream Project
Location: Westlake, LA
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 351593
Posted Date: 1/5/2019