Project Process Engineer / Long-Term Contract - Belle Chasse, LA
The Process Engineer will be responsible for process engineering, project development, and project front-end-loading for capital projects. Accountable for assuring projects achieve objectives and are technically sound.
• Utilize front end loading work processes and best practices to assure timely and cost effective project development.
• Provide leadership in project scope development bench-marking and control of project design.
• Provide process engineering support through mechanical design and startup to ensure original process intent is met.
• Review projects with internal and industry discipline experts to ensure projects are technically sound and cost effective.
• Review projects with appropriate plant personnel to ensure health, safety and environmental compliance requirements are met.
• Actively promote the latest technologies and problem-solving solutions.
• Provide process interface with Operations in project scope development and execution, training and Prepare to Operate requirements.
• Establish and validate project priorities, deliverables and deadlines with supervision.
• Manage competing priorities and multiple projects.
• Manage time to deliver on project assignments and commitments.
• Legally authorized to work in the United States.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Chemical Engineering.
• 5+ years of experience working in a refinery environment.
• 5+ years of experience working as a Project Process Engineer.
• Must be capable of being Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) qualified.
• Possess commitment, dedication, and willingness to support management direction.
• Possess effective leadership, interpersonal and team-working skills including the ability to work with and incorporate ideas of other organizations (i.e., safety, maintenance, environmental).
• Possess ability to coordinate and provide leadership for multiple issues and prioritize them appropriately given HS&E (compliance), business, and personnel needs.
• Possess strong refinery process engineering fundamentals.
Qualified Candidate Should:
• Be committed to providing and supporting a safe work environment,
• Seek, understand and use functional expertise to contribute to the success of the business,
• Communicate well both orally and in writing to interact and work well in a team environment,
• Encourage creativity, innovation, and continuous improvement,
• Have experience with process simulation programs and be computer proficient including applications for word processing, spreadsheets and process historian (PI) and database systems,
• Be committed to continuous learning and ongoing self-development.
Belle Chasse, LA
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Project Process Engineer / Long-Term Contract
Location: Belle Chasse, LA
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 351935
Posted Date: 1/8/2019