Process Engineer - Chicago, IL
- Support Manufacturing Process Engineering activity for production operations by providing technical process expertise, project management and trouble shooting skills.
- Drive continuous improvement in safety, quality, cost, and productivity.
- Work with Product Engineering to implement new programs, design changes and running changes.
- Develop cost studies and feasibilities for changes.
- Evaluate manufacturing feasibility of product changes & studies.
- Review and sign off on feasibility prints and design changes.
- Develop process design, investment and operating costs, and timing to implement product changes and continuous improvement projects. Support functional line trials and new product builds.
- Work with and update process related documentation such as blueprints, equipment manuals, process illustrations, tool layouts and gage bench instructions.
- Provide technical support for improvement and maintenance actions. Work to improve machine uptime and develop wellness actions.
- Interface closely with skilled trades during improvement actions, breakdown recovery, and program installations.
- Work with suppliers to purchase, design, fabricate, run off and install equipment.
- Utilize standardized processes and maintain process discipline to implement improvements.
- Strong communication skills and ability to interface with a wide range of individuals.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Possess strong continuous improvement mindset and drive for results.
- Strong in troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- New program or forward model launch experience.
- Demonstrated successful leadership of multiple, simultaneous projects.
- Willing to work overtime, weekends, Holidays, shutdowns, and off shifts.
- Project management skills.
- Interpersonal, teambuilding and communication skills
1+ years of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
6+ months of engineering experience (internships or co-ops) in a manufacturing environment
Paint experience preferred
High school diploma
Bachelor of Science – Engineering Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Process Engineer
Location: Chicago, IL
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 351986
Posted Date: 1/9/2019