Maintenance Mechanic - Santa Fe Springs, CA
Food processing plant seeks for a Maintenance Mechanic for the 2nd shift, 4:00pm to 2:30am with periodic working overtime.
Responsibilities/Duties - These duties directly and substantially serve to achieve the purpose of the position.
- Responsible for performing job tasks in a safe and efficient manner.
- Maintains and repairs general production, utilities and facility equipment.
- Properly lubricates equipment, bearings and gearboxes.
- Checks belts, rollers, gears, sprockets, chain, etc. for wear to replace/repair prior to failure.
- Promptly attends a breakdown or malfunction.
- Rebuild pumps, valves, gearboxes and all general equipment.
- Perform pipe fitting and welding for various metals and materials.
- Perform maintenance and repair of facility to include plumbing, doors, walls, floors, roof, ceiling and general repairs.
- Perform maintenance and repair of forklifts as required.
- Disassemble and assemble fillers for sanitation in a timely manner.
- Responsible for maintaining equipment parts, tools, oil/grease barrels clean, orderly and stored in the right location.
- Supports training of new mechanic employees.
- Installs new equipment as required.
- Repair and/or fabrication of guards, guides, rails, etc. as required.
- Works from manufacturer’s manuals and specifications to keep equipment and machinery in proper working condition.
- Works closely with the Central Parts Clerk to assure all critical and spare parts for the equipment are readily available. Ensure all parts obtained from the storage room are properly documented in order to avoid discrepancies during cycle counts.
- Ensures the preventive maintenance program (PM) is followed, and tasks are completed as scheduled.
- Ensures all preventive and corrective maintenance activities are properly documented.
- Ensures that a good working relationship with other areas and the entire maintenance team is maintained.
- Verbally reports the status of activities to manager on a daily basis.
- Operate industrial forklifts and pallet jacks as required.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Provides support to other areas when required.
- Troubleshoots and identifies ways to increase equipment performance and production speeds for improvement of efficiency.
- Assist with painting of facility as required.
- Handles basic electrical work as required.
- Attend all employee plant-wide meetings.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures including safety rules and Good Manufacturing Practices.
REQUIRED PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE) Bump cap, hearing protection, hair net, beard net, gloves and slip resistant shoes, uniform or smock, back support belt.
At Advantage Resourcing , our primary objective is to perfectly align the best people with the appropriate job whether it is a temporary assignment or career position. We place talented people in a wide variety of jobs with companies across the country in areas such as: manufacturing, distribution & logistics, call centers, hospitality, skilled trades, administrative & clerical, and retail.
We provide associates working on temporary assignments with the opportunity to develop their careers through skills testing and training. Additionally, associates can earn benefits such as health insurance and 401(k).
Whether you are trying to discover your work interests, find your first job, or take the next step in your career, Advantage Resourcing can help you discover the personal and career success you desire.
Advantage Resourcing offers a competitive compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits package and 401(k) plan.
Advantage Resourcing is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Food, Maintenance, Mechanic, beverage,
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
Full Time, Temp Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
Position Type: Full Time, Temp Position
Date Posted: 11/16/2017