Process Tooling Engineer - Tuscaloosa, AL
Advantage is interviewing immediately to fill this position in Tuscaloosa.
- Starting pay is $23-30/hour DOE
- Raises are available in 6 months and another 6 months later.
Title: Tooling Technician - Full-Time
The role of a Tooling Technician is to participate in the process of tool design, tool build and tool try out, respecting objectives set in terms of Quality, Cost and Delivery.
The main missions of the role are to:
- Work with Fraser tool room technicians, on tooling issues to reduce downtime and improve efficiency.
- Monitor process and product quality while tooling runs.
- Maintain and improve Quality Check Fixtures.
- Repair Tooling as required, Benching , Polishing, Hand Work of tools.
- Work with Auburn Hills Tech. Engineering on new and existing tooling engineering changes.
- Participate in improving tool changeover times, by using SMED; improve EOAT (end of arm tooling) over time improved color changeover time.
- Identify molding problems do to tooling problems and report them to Supervisor.
- Understand and design EOAT for injection tooling.
- Participate in maintaining tooling thru PM Program.
- Record downtime and issue maintenance and tooling repair request.
- Participate in tool tryouts on all injection and assembly tooling.
- Able to repair minor tooling issues Hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical.
- Work felxibility in order to meet customer demands and needs.
- All other assigned duties.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Technical diploma, preferably with a specialization in maintenance
- At least 1 year of maintenance/engineering experience within a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Proven ability to undertake tasks of substantial variety or complexity which require an extensive knowledge of fabrication/processing techniques, tools, materials, machines and equipment
- Working knowledge of Quality system and Health, Safety and Environment skills
- Advanced skills in computer aided maintenance management systems
- Strong technical problem solving skills
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a matrix organization
- Proficient level of English required
Keywords: Tooling, Technician, Automotive, Maintenance, Technician
Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
Full Time, Career Position
Apply for this Position
Process Tooling Engineer
City, State or Zip Code: Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
Position Type: Full Time, Career Position
Date Posted: 11/21/2017