Trailer Technician - Chickasaw, AL
Experienced Trailer Technician/Mechanic needed to perform maintenance work on a Fleet of Trailers.
- Responsible for repairs and required preventive maintenance of trailers
- Inspects, trouble shoots, diagnoses and performs maintenance on equipment
- Performs safety inspections of equipment and prepare safety documents required by DOT, company and any other Federal, State or Local regulations
- Interprets work orders and technical manuals
- Repairs or replaces defective parts, components or systems
- Tests repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that the work meets manufacturer’s specifications and legislated regulations
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the shop manager
Trailer Technician/Mechanic Position Primary Duties:
- Preventative Maintenance
- Oil changes
- Air/hydraulic brakes
- General Maintenance Welding duties as needed
?Qualified Candidates For Diesel Technician/Mechanic Position Will Have The Following Education/Experience:
- 1 year of experience as a Trailer Mechanic and/or completion of Trade School is required.
- Knowledge of general repairs and Preventative Maintenance criteria is required.
- Must possess an acceptable MVR.
- Must provide a basic set of tools.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Must possess a valid clear driver's license.
- Trade school, mechanical course, or equivalent highly desired.
Working Conditions: Shop, office, yard, vehicle environment, may require lifting of 20 to 50 lbs., at least once a day.
Keywords: mechanic, labor, maintenance, technician, light industrial
Chickasaw, AL 36611
Full Time, Temp Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Chickasaw, AL 36611
Position Type: Full Time, Temp Position
Date Posted: 10/23/2017