Database Administrator/Developer - Dallas, TX
This non-exempt position as MS SQL DBA will administer and optimize existing databases, and design and develop new database systems while working closely with a team of software engineers and system administrators. This individual will provide support, optimizations, and automation for series of external data feeds and internal relationships.
While this position primarily supports existing accounting and DM systems, it also directly supports the software development process, and it also includes rotating on-call assignments for top-tier production support and ongoing maintenance and reporting on existing systems.
• Create new SQL language elements to include use of Common Table Expression's,
Apply/Cross Apply operators, logical and physical partitioning of data. (Knowledge will
be tested with current production code). Solid understanding of set-based-solutions.
• Database monitoring and tuning, including SQL Profiler, Windows System monitor,
indexing strategies and query/index tuning.
• Balance the needs of multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
• Interact with large mission-critical application databases.
• Assist in performance monitoring, query tuning, and capacity planning
• Assist development team with debugging and optimization of SQL queries and stored
• Will include table partition, replication, Microsoft SQL Clustering, and database
backup recovery automation
• Performs other related duties as needed or assigned.
This position reports directly to the Manager of Infrastructure and Security.
Subordinate Staff: N/A
Bachelor’s Degree or certification
Knowledge/Experience: 5+ years’ experience designing and implementing database systems, including 3+ years’ experience designing and implementing SQL Server database systems using SQL Server 2005/2008 required (Microsoft Certified Professional Database Developer preferred).
• Ability to share product specific technical knowledge with peer developers.
• Experience with stored procedures, triggers, SQL scripts, and performance issues with
client/server database design and Data Access Layer design, including browser based
• Knowledgeable in the use of metadata for code generation and code that writes code
(highly desirable). • Experience with high-volume databases, index management,
physical database design, and server configuration settings.
• Knowledge in utilizing relational data modeling principles and techniques.
• Ability to share product specific technical knowledge with peer developers
• Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with coworkers, peers, and
management through written and verbal communication.
• Ability to communicate with customers, internal departments, and other outside
parties who prefer different communication styles in a professional manner.
• Effectively communicate with developers and quality assurance staff in the resolution
of technical problems.
• Strong TSQL and SSIS skills.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or certification and equivalent work experience.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
Physical Demands: Possible server transport and setup. Must be able to move up to 70 lbs and perform hardware maintenance (rack mounting, cabling, networking, server setup) when requested by management. This position requires constant communication and exchange of information with the Firm attorneys, clients and staff; this position must be able to inspect and observe information on a computer screen at least 80% of the time.
Working Conditions: Office Environment. Some possible offsite projects. Overtime, weekends and occasional travel possible but very rare. Occasional off-hours (evenings and weekends) requests and troubleshooting possible.
Keywords: SQL,SSIS, 2008, 2005
Full Time, Career Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Dallas, TX
Position Type: Full Time, Career Position
Date Posted: 8/23/2018