Software Engineer - Richardson, TX
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Full use and understanding of software engineering concepts, principles, and theories
- Knowledge of both structured and object-oriented software design and implementation
- General knowledge of other related disciplines
- Keeps abreast of technology trends
- Detailed knowledge of tools used by the organization such as Integrated Development Environments (IDE) like Visual Studio, as well as version control and defect reporting tools such as Rational Team Concert.
- Understanding of engineering “best practices”.
- Software knowledge and/or experience in .NET Framework is desired. VB .Net experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of antenna systems and/or related tracking algorithms is a plus.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering, a related technical field or the equivalent experience is required. In addition, a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience is required. Experience in .NET software programming is required.
Duties and Tasks
- Plans, designs, develops and tests software to interact with electrical or mechanical components or subsystems, or applications for software enhancements and new products
- Researches, designs, documents, implements, and tests computer software systems, in conjunction with product development requirements, applying principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis
- Applies the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the system development life cycle to support the generation of technical engineering products
- Researches and analyzes data, such as customer design proposals, specifications and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application.
- Contributes to the completion of major programs and projects
- Provides resolution to a diverse range of complex problems
- Independently determines approach to solutions
- Regular contact with senior levels of internal work groups
- Works under limited direction
- Contact with project leaders and other professionals within the Engineering department and with project teams across the company
- Frequent contact with external customers
Keywords: .NET, VB.NET, IDE, Integrated Development Enviroment
Full Time, Temp Position