Veteran's Case Manager - Abilene, TX
Advantage Resourcing is seeking a Veteran’s Case Manager in Abilene, TX!
As a Veteran’s Case Manager, you will provide outreach and other direct services for homeless veterans, and veterans who are at risk of homelessness, in the Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) program. Positions are full- time. Work involves moderately complex case management services including developing and maintaining long term contact with clients, their family members and service providers. Work may require travel within a 26 county region, as well as any requested program trainings and staff development. Extensive knowledge of community resources within the service region, case management practices and principles, and ability to coordinate with partnering agencies a must.
The SSVF Program: The Federal Veterans Administration grant is an exciting new Supportive Services Program for Veterans Families (SSVF). This program will target single adult veterans who are chronically homeless, and veteran families that are homeless, or at risk of becoming homeless. The SSVF program coordinates with State, County, and Federal veteran serving agencies and a multitude of other service providers to provide case management, homelessness prevention and rapid re-housing.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university in related or similar field of social work. Experience with Veteran services preferred.
- A minimum of two years direct case management experience preferred.
- Qualified veterans are encouraged to apply.
- Requires schedule flexibility.
- Ability to communicate effectively, including outreach and marketing, to assess client needs, to coordinate services, and to assist with program activities.
- Intermediate level of abilities with all Microsoft products
All Candidates must be consenting to a background check and drug screen
If this sounds like you, DON’T DELAY – APPLY NOW!
Keywords: case manager, veteran, social services, case management, administrative
Full Time, Inquiry Position
Apply for this Position
Veteran's Case Manager
City, State or Zip Code: Abilene, TX
Position Type: Full Time, Inquiry Position
Date Posted: 11/17/2018