Diesel Mechanic - Monroe, LA
Advantage Resourcing is looking for Diesel Mechanic’s! Are you looking for a GREAT opportunity to show your skills, learn and have continuous growth? Do you want to learn from a Fortune 500 Company how to utilize your potential and be the best you can be?
Diesel Mechanic Job Description:
- Determines vehicle condition by conduction inspections and diagnostic test; identifying worn and damaged parts
- Keeps equipment available by completing preventive maintenance schedules; installing component and part upgrades; controlling corrosion; completing winterization procedures
- Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering, hydraulics; completes machine shop operations; making adjustments and alignments including bearing loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil systems, control linkages, clutches, and traction units.
- Verifies vehicle performance by adjusting controls and systems.
- Complies with federal and state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
- Maintains vehicle appearance by cleaning, washing, and painting.
- Maintains vehicle records by annotating services and repairs.
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Contain costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical and regulation publications.
- Enhances maintenance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishment.
- Must have your own basic mechanical tools
- Technical and mechanic understanding
- Must be self-motivated and good analytical skills
- Must be dependable
- Must have transportation and valid Driver license
- Have good verbal and written communication skills
- Must be mechanically inclined
This position is a Temporary to Permanent position. The pay is between $11.00-$16.00/hour DOE.
Qualifications- tools, supply management, mechanical inspection tools, technical understanding, attention to detail, dependability, thoroughness, verbal communication , documentation skills, inventory control, job knowledge, mechanically inclined.
Keywords: mechanic, dielsel mechanic, helper, mechanic helper
Full Time, Career Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Monroe, LA
Position Type: Full Time, Career Position
Date Posted: 11/21/2018