Maintenance Assistant - Abilene, TX
As a Maintenance Assistance, responsibilities include carrying out the maintenance processes of the facility; including Corrective, Preventative, Routine, Emergency, and Cosmetic maintenance as well as make-ready process in a manner consistent with the facility's operational objectives.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- HVAC experience a plus
- Prior pool maintenance experience a plus
- 1 to 3 years previous general apartment or institutional general maintenance experience
The following are essential job accountabilities:
- Respond to resident/management requests and work orders for occupied units.
- Repair/replace appliances (i.e. garbage disposal, refrigerators, stoves, dishwashers, etc.)
- Repair/replace plumbing (i.e. water lines, water pressure, water fixtures, faucets, drain lines, boiler temperatures, water closets, etc.)
- Repair/replace any apartment material/maintenance requests within scope of management responsibility (i.e. doors/drawers, replace hardware, replace light bulb/fixtures, vent fans, drapery rods, replace/re-key locks, doorsteps, door viewers, towel bars, refrigerator lights, vent fans, mini blinds, etc.)
- Prepare and ensure completion of all repairs/replacements necessary for unit to be occupied.
- Tile/flooring, hardware, appliances, light fixtures, walls, doors, baseboards, ceilings, windows, screens, cabinets, carpet, etc.
- Monitor physical condition and immediately report and correct unsafe conditions (i.e. broken gates leading to the pool, broken steps, burned out exterior lights).
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment and units (i.e. ensure replacement of air filters, cleaning, and lubricating machinery/equipment, etc.).
- Maintain accurate records regarding EPA/OSHA standards, preventative maintenance service requests received are completed, apartment make-ready status, work-in-progress, etc.
- Maintain maintenance shop so that it is safe, clean, and well organized with adequate inventory of spare parts and maintenance materials to handle most common repairs and situations; ensure all tools and equipment are properly stored and well-maintained at all times.
- Schedule and perform routine preventative maintenance in accordance with the Company’s preventative maintenance policy.
- Wear and utilize Personal Protective Equipment at all times during work hours.
- In conjunction with Maintenance Supervisor, train and motivate maintenance team members; be aware of training resources available and encourage the development of team members.
- Clearly communicate goals and expectations to maintenance team members and uphold standards of performance.
Candidates must be consenting to a background check and drug screen.
If this sounds like you, APPLY NOW!
Keywords: MAINTENANCE, HANDY MAN, MAKE-READY, make ready
Full Time, Temp Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Abilene, TX
Position Type: Full Time, Temp Position
Date Posted: 3/20/2019