Heat Treater/ Straighter - Santa Fe Springs, CA
Heat Treating company seeks for Straighter/Heat treater
Summary: Performs essential job functions under supervision to meet customer specifications including assisting other departmental employees as needed. Requirements
(Qualifications & Skills):
1. ___Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
2. ___Experience Necessary: Six months to 1 year experience in heat treating.
3. ___Language Skills: Must be able to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
4. ___Must have basic knowledge of heat treating, testing, metallurgy, temperatures, etc.
5. ___Physical Demands: Must be able to regularly lift up to 50 lbs, bend, lift, climb, stoop, stand.
6. ___Work Environment: Regularly exposed to heat, dust, noise, humidity, fumes, etc.
7. ___May be required to work overtime or any shift, including weekends.
8. ___Must be able to obtain and maintain forklift operator certificaion.
9. ___Must have the ability to report for work on time, follow directions, interact effectively with co-workers, understand and follow rules and procedures and accept constructive criticism.
10. ___Must have basic knowledge of the BMS quality system.
Essential Job Functions (Duties & Responsibilities):
11. ___Assists with operation, control and monitoring of heat treating and related equipment.
12. ___Follows written procedures on shop traveler and/or customer paperwork.
13. ___Prepares work for processing. Loads and unloads furnaces, bins, fixtures, baskets, etc.
14. ___Brings any irregularity to leadperson or management.
15. ___Promotes safety and good housekeeping practices.
16. ___Must maintain professional demeanor and appearance at all times as determined by the company.
17. ___Performs other tasks as assigned or dictated by position.
At Advantage Resourcing, our primary objective is to perfectly align the best people with the appropriate job whether it is a temporary assignment or career position. We place talented people in a wide variety of jobs with companies across the country in areas such as: manufacturing, distribution & logistics, call centers, hospitality, skilled trades, administrative & clerical, and retail.
We provide associates working on temporary assignments with the opportunity to develop their careers through skills testing and training. Additionally, associates can earn benefits such as health insurance and 401(k).
Whether you are trying to discover your work interests, find your first job, or take the next step in your career, Advantage Resourcing can help you discover the personal and career success you desire.
Advantage Resourcing offers a competitive compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits package and 401(k) plan.
Advantage Resourcing is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: heat treat, heat treatment,
Santa Fe Springs, CA
Full Time, Temp Position
Apply for this Position
Heat Treater/ Straighter
City, State or Zip Code: Santa Fe Springs, CA
Position Type: Full Time, Temp Position
Date Posted: 5/18/2018