Business Analyst - Orange, CA
The ORSS Business Analyst I (B.A.) is responsible for providing business analysis, business process improvement, data analysis and Information Technology (I.T.) services to all departments of ORSS. The B.A. elicits and documents both business and system requirements. The B.A. then analyzes assists and/or implements cradle-to-grave I.T. or business process improvement solutions. This may include alignment and configuration of current Information Technology (I.T.) resources or implementation of new business process or I.T. solutions. The B.A. acts as the liaison between both internal and external I.T. staff and ORSS operations. The B.A. will also perform data analysis, and reporting tasks. This includes, but is not limited to development of Business Intelligence (B.I.) reports. Finally, the ORSS B.A. functions as a technology generalist performing I.T. Desktop Support and I.T. consultation to ORSS.
- Acts as liaison between I.T. & operations staff to articulate technical concepts.
- Can professionally elicit and document business, functional and systems requirements.
- Quickly understands and interprets business process, systems and data strengths & weaknesses to advise and implement solutions for business problems and technology challenges.
- Manages projects involving both 1st and 3rd party software including active participation in Software Development Lifecycle (S.D.L.C.) tasks.
- Ensures issues are identified, tracked, reported and resolved in a timely manner.
- Assists the Sales and Account Management teams with supporting technologies and tasks.
- Creates B.I. reports using ORSS technologies (Microsoft (M.S.) SSIS, SSRS, T-SQL, Excel, Access, Visual Studio).
- Produces performance management and key metrics reporting including but not limited to measurement of Key Performance Indicators (K.P.I’s.)
- Performs Quality Control (QC), Quality Assurance (QA) and Data integrity support.
- Acts as system administrator for software applications. Maintains data for all systems where needed.
- Uses industry expertise to make independent decisions that align with business needs and company culture.
- Presents a personable, positive, and professional image/demeanor to internal and external customers.
- Assists the ORDMS leadership teams as needed.
- Shows regular consistent attendance that could include attendance at after hour company events.
- Ability to foster, develop and maintain professional and collaborative working relationships. Must be able to get along with others, i.e., peers, supervisors, outside customers, and vendors.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively and professionally with all levels of management, employees and customers by email, phone and in person.
- Demonstrates the ability to handle confidential material per company guidelines.
- Can facilitate internal & external meetings.
- May lead and direct the work of others.
- Ability to accept supervision and leadership.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisory staff.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Four years of professional experience acting as a Business Analyst, System Analyst, Data Analyst, Systems Administrator or Operational equivalent in a mortgage servicing environment.
- Familiar with a variety of mortgage servicing concepts, practices and procedures.
- Ability to deliver well-organized presentations when needed.
- Understand how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully and efficiently.
- Pushes creative thinking beyond established industry practices.
- Possesses strong oral and written communication skills.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Product Suite to include but is not limited to SQL Server 2008-2012, Visual Studio, Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, Visio, SharePoint, etc.
- Possess aptitude for prioritizing, multitasking, and remaining organized in a fast paced environment.
- Must be a team player and willing to adapt to change.
- Must possess the ability to learn and implement new skills and technologies as requested without exception.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS (if applicable):
- Required to sit for long periods of time (approximately 90 percent of time on the job).
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects while consistently meeting deadlines amid routine interruptions.
- Ability to work additional time, beyond regular business hours, to ensure that projects are completed accurately and within established deadlines.
- Ability to perform under pressure and be flexible with disruptions throughout the workday.
Keywords: 4 years experience, Familiar with Mortgage servicing, presentations, MS Office Suite
Full Time, Temp Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Orange, CA
Position Type: Full Time, Temp Position
Date Posted: 9/21/2018