Communications Specialist, Stewardship & Communica - Beaumont, TX
SUMMARY Under the direct supervision of the Director of Stewardship & Communications and in accordance with established policies and procedures, performs assignments related to all communication needs for the Stewardship and Communications Department utilizing in-depth knowledge of diocesan procedures and personnel and the teachings of the Catholic Church. These include but are not limited to assisting in creation and placement of marketing products and events and assisting in development of resources. Using in-depth understanding of the workings of the local Church; assists in establishing positive image for the Diocese through print, social media, visual materials, and events with parishes and missions, donors and foundations. Markets these products when appropriate to various publics. Work is project driven.
• Demonstrated professional image.
• High level of creativity in all forms of media.
• Ability to work with diverse groups of people.
• Understanding of the local Church and experience in dealing with its’ publics
• Flexible and organized.
• Able to meet deadlines.
• Demonstrates attention to detail.
• Team approach to work
• Ability to take and edit pictures and do print layout.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Self-starter with ability to organize own time.
• Knowledge of Catholic teaching, theology, Scripture and the institutional Church.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• At the direction of Director assists in planning advertising, media buys, and promotional communications projects, including print, electronic, special events, point of purchase, and direct mail, to fulfill those aspects of the marketing plan
• Arranges public appearances, lectures, contests etc. to increase awareness of the Diocese and it’s ministries and to promote good-will
• Responsible for marketing and sales of printed and electronic publications of the diocese
• Assists Associate Director of Communications with all PR activities including but not limited to:
• Assists in development of ministries promotion strategies and coordinates related promotional project activities
• Correlates compatibility of promotion programs with public relations activities. • Responsible for public relations for second collections
• Assists Associate Director of Philanthropic Services with coordination of Mission Co-op
• Assists Coordinator of Development in resource development under the direction of the Director
• Develops and supervises maintenance of computer database of media and other contacts • Establishes and coordinates diocesan speaker bureau for annual appeal, etc.
• Assists with layout of diocesan newspaper
• Acts as staff writer for ETC and other diocesan publications
• Maintains information and changes for on-line diocesan directory
• Acts as liaison to department committees and special groups
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This job has no supervisory responsibilities
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, or English with one year of experience or at least three years of experience in the field combined with experience working in the local Church is required. Experience with all Microsoft Office products Adobe Creative Cloud, videography and photography.
LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read and interpret documents and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence/articles using appropriate grammar. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or other employees.
MATHMATICAL SKILLS Ability to calculate figures and amoun
Keywords: Communications, Catholic, Stewardiship
Full Time, Temp Position
Apply for this Position
Communications Specialist, Stewardship & Communica
City, State or Zip Code: Beaumont, TX
Position Type: Full Time, Temp Position
Date Posted: 8/24/2018