Communications Specialist, Stewardship & Communica - Beaumont, TX
Communications Specialitst needed for an organization in the local area. This is an exciting opportunity in the communications field. If you are looking for a Temp to Hire position with a great organization this is the career for you:
Ideal candidates will posess the following:
• Demonstrated professional image.
• High level of creativity in all forms of media.
• Ability to work with diverse groups of people.
• Flexible and organized.
• Able to meet deadlines.
• Demonstrates attention to detail.
• Team approach to work
• Ability to take and edit pictures and do print layout.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Self-starter with ability to organize own time.
• Knowledge of Catholic teaching, theology, Scripture and the institutional Church.
Excellent opportunity to perform the following duties:
• Assists in planning advertising, media buys, and promotional communications projects, including print, electronic, special events, point of purchase, and direct mail, to fulfill those aspects of the marketing plan
• Arranges public appearances, lectures, contests etc. to increase awareness of the Diocese and it’s ministries and to promote good-will
• Responsible for marketing and sales of printed and electronic publications of the diocese
• Assists Associate Director of Communications with all PR activities including but not limited to:
• Assists in development of ministries promotion strategies and coordinates related promotional project activities
• Correlates compatibility of promotion programs with public relations activities. • Responsible for public relations for second collections
• Assists Associate Director of Philanthropic Services with coordination of Mission Co-op
• Assists Coordinator of Development in resource development under the direction of the Director
• Develops and supervises maintenance of computer database of media and other contacts • Establishes and coordinates diocesan speaker bureau for annual appeal, etc.
• Assists with layout of diocesan newspaper
• Acts as staff writer for publications
• Maintains information and changes for on-line directory
• Acts as liaison to department committees and special groups
The following are the Education and Experience qualifications for the job:
• Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, or English with one year of experience or at least three years of experience in the field combined with experience .
- Experience with all Microsoft Office products Adobe Creative Cloud, videography and photography.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or other employees.
Keywords: Communications, Catholic, Stewardiship
Full Time, Temp Position
Apply for this Position
Communications Specialist, Stewardship & Communica
City, State or Zip Code: Beaumont, TX
Position Type: Full Time, Temp Position
Date Posted: 10/15/2018