Lead CNC Programmer (GibbsCAM) - Pineville, LA
Great opportunity for an experienced GibbsCAM Programmer. This is a long term position with a well established, empolyee centered, family owned business. This is a team that you want to join!
Sets up and programs a variety of machines which may include: HAAS and Okuma, numerical control (CNC) machines, lathes and mills to machine a variety of parts. This job also requires extensive GIBBS CAM knowledge.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list of tasks is illustrative ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class. It does not imply that all positions within the class perform all of the duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.)
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or work piece as guides for machining.
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and Vernier calipers.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jig borers, and fixtures
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit Computerized machine control media.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications.
- May complete First Article and New Part Introduction processes
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
- Verifies dimensions and alignment of parts
- Uses G codes to move multiple axes to grind inserts to customer specifications
- May install replacement parts in mechanisms, machines, and equipment, and tests operation of unit to ensure functionality and performance.
- Confers with engineers, machinists, production managers or others to resolve machining or yield problems.
- May train less experienced operators and machinists
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- High School Graduate or GED, and more than five years recent experience as a CNC Machinist or Programmer
- Extensive Gibbs Cam knowledge
- Associate degree in Machine Tech. or qualified journeyman program for machining is not required but preferred
- 3+ year experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of GD & T concepts, blue print features and G/M codes
- Must pass a criminal background check and drug test.
- Basic math skills with ability to convert American standard to metric manually or with a calculator.
- Must be able to read micrometer and calipers
- Must be able to work within Global Shop
Keywords: cnc, gibbs cam, computer numerical control
Full Time, Temp Position
Apply for this Position
Lead CNC Programmer (GibbsCAM)
City, State or Zip Code: Pineville, LA
Position Type: Full Time, Temp Position
Date Posted: 12/08/2018