Lab Technician - Crowley, LA
Advantage Resourcing is currently recruiting for a Lab Technician for a manufacturing company in the Crowley area.
The Analytical Laboratory Technician is responsible for the accurate handling, preparation, and testing of raw material and finished good samples by following Lab Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs). The technician is responsible for reviewing the accuracy of testing results and initiating investigations when results do not conform to specifications under the guidance of Technical Service Lab Manager or other senior analysts.
Duties and Day-to-Day Responsibilities, but not limited to the following:
- Receive and record of samples upon arrival into the laboratory.
- Calibrate instrument as required and ensure the instrument works under proper conditions.
- Preparation of reagents, standards on a scheduled basis.
- Follow daily testing schedule set by The Lab Supervisor to prioritize sample testing order.
- Perform sample preparation including weighing of samples, selection of glassware, and determination of necessary analyses based on related SOP.
- Inspect instrumentation routinely for potential instrumentation errors.
- Report instrument errors to management and work with senior analyst and management to troubleshoot potential testing issues.
- Analysis and recording/plotting of Quality Control samples and data. Monitor/review Quality Control data and samples. Address situation if any instrument is OOC.
- Elevate results not conforming to specifications to senior analyst and Analytical Lab Supervisor for investigation.
- Actively participate in OOS investigation.
- Documents and records testing results accurately in lab notebooks and electronically where applicable.
- Maintain a clean work area.
- Assists in other testing stations and lab areas as needed and assigned.
- Repairs instruments/equipment with training.
- Maintains cleanliness of assigned instrumentation and/or equipment. Completes and maintains preventative maintenance and troubleshooting records.
- Maintain testing records and retain samples.
Minimum Training, Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry, Microbiology, Food Science or other science related field; or one to two years related experience and/or training in an analytical testing laboratory; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of the basic principles and laboratory applications of chemistry, biology and microbiology.
- Knowledge of current laboratory facilities, methods, equipment, materials and ability to perform standardized chemical and microbiological examinations independently.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative environment as well as performing individual assignments.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Have experience with testing of vitamins and minerals using HPLC, ICP/AA, FTIR, GC, pH, Bulk Densities, Colorimeter is a plus.
Pay $12.00-$16.00/hr to start
Don't miss out on this temp to hire opportunity and apply today at www.advantageresourcing.com!
Keywords: lab, labratory, chemistry, biology, manufacturing, samples, food, lab technician, technician, lab tech, microbiology
Full Time, Temp Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Crowley, LA
Position Type: Full Time, Temp Position
Date Posted: 12/04/2018