Welder/Helper - Bossier City, LA
Advantage Resourcing is currently seeking MIG/TIG welders and fitters for a local structural steel fabrication company in Shreveport.
They specialize in stainless and aluminum.
Must have minimum 2+ years’ experience as well as Troubleshooting skills, assemble and weld metal parts on production line, using welding equipment, requiring only a limited knowledge of welding techniques.
1) Welds or tack welds metal parts together, using spot welding gun or hand, electric, or gas welding equipment.
2) Connects hoses from torch to tanks of oxygen and fuel gas, and turns valves to release mixture.
3) Ignites torch and regulates flow of gas and air to obtain desired temperature, size, and color of flame.
4) Preheats workpieces preparatory to welding or bending, using torch.
5) Fills cavities or corrects malformation in lead parts and hammers out bulges and bends in metal workpieces.
6) Examines workpiece for defects and measures workpiece with straightedge or template to ensure conformance with specifications.
7) Dismantles metal assemblies or cuts scrap metal, using thermal-cutting equipment such as flame-cutting torch or plasma-arc equipment.
8) Positions and secures workpiece, using hoist, crane, wire and banding machine, or hand tools.
9) Selects, positions, and secures torch, cutting tips, or welding rod, according to type, thickness, area, and desired temperature of metal.
Bossier City, LA
Full Time, Temp Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Bossier City, LA
Position Type: Full Time, Temp Position
Date Posted: 4/18/2019