Painter - Bossier City, LA
Paint & Sandblast
- Runs, maneuvers, navigates or drives heavy equipment or mechanized equipment in paint booth area, such as forklifts, cranes/overhead cranes, liquid coating equipment, trucks, etc.
Move freight, stock, or other materials to and from paint booth, blast or production areas by hand or using trucks, forklifts, or other equipment.
Follow blue prints for the coating dimensions and measurements accurately on a regular basis.
Efficiently use computer systems and software to collect labor hours and track process information on each job.
Ensure all painted products meet client quality requirements, minimize downtime, and promote efficiency and uptime. Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments or material or equipment needs.
Identify material by job number, piece mark, labels and/or other applicable indicators.
Sort products to be painted according to finish required and size of parts in order to get efficient use of equipment.
Knowledge of hand tools, grinders and proper PPE during use.
Monitor levels of blasting media and add material as needed.
Wrap finish painted poles before and/or after product has dried.
Maintain compliance with regulations and policies regarding safe storage, use and disposal of hazardous materials and hazardous wastes.
Ensure all daily production logs are filled out properly.
Ensure machinery, tools and equipment are in good working order and follow quality guidelines.
Inspect all lifting equipment prior to use (forklifts, cranes, chains, slings, etc) to ensure safety.
Communicate any unusual operating conditions or issues to appropriate personnel.
Must use good judgment, follow instructions and have good problem solving abilities.
Excellent attention to detail and strong ability to multi-task.
Actively seek and support continuous improvement activities in process efficiencies, costs and effectiveness of work.
Must have knowledge and demonstrate compliance of all safety guidelines.
Demonstrate established housekeeping standards.
Additional duties as assigned.
- • Prior paint booth/blast and Manufacturing experience highly preferred.
• Ability to speak, read and write in English required.
• Must be able to obtain SG Crane/Forklift Certification.
• Experience using forklifts and cranes highly preferred.
• Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
• Must be able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving entire body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, bending, pushing, prying, dragging materials, twisting and handling of materials.
• Must be able to work inside a small confined space while wearing supplied air respirators.
• Must be able to work in a manufacturing environment for long shifts, including weekends, standing for the entire shift.
• Position requires manual dexterity, arm-hand steadiness and a safety-minded individual.
• Must be able to work in an environment exposed to extreme temperatures and noise levels.
• Must have the ability to concentrate on tasks for long periods of time and be able to observe and receive information from all relevant sources.
- • Previous computer experience in Microsoft Office and other software highly desired.
• Knowledge of basic shop mathematics, addition, subtraction, fractions and decimals.
• High School Diploma or GED Equivalent preferred.
• Must know, or be able to learn, how to read a tape measure and blue prints.
Bossier City, LA
Full Time, Temp Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Bossier City, LA
Position Type: Full Time, Temp Position
Date Posted: 10/19/2018