Welders - Beaumont, TX
Advantage Resourcing is seeking a Combo Welder
Under the direction of a supervisor the welder welds plate, shells, tubes and structures to fabricate and/or repair shell and tube heat exchangers and/or piping.
Must be able to perform the following duties:
1. Performs heliarc welding, submerged arc welding, stick welding, and manual welding on components as assigned.
2. Welds tube in tubesheets.
3. Welds tube caps with heliarc welder.
4. Performs root passes tubesheets to shells.
5. Performs internal quality control of welding procedures.
6. Performs grinding and/or cleaning of welds as necessary to achieve standards.
7. Corrects welds as necessary.
8. Sets up and performs jobs based on shop practices and procedures.
9. Controls own welding supply usage.
10. Performs assigned tasks in a safe manner, avoiding all unsafe practices.
11. Other duties and welding methods as assigned.
12. Work in fresh air as needed.
13. Climb scaffolds, ladders, and stairways as need to access work areas.
14. Performs welding using the welding process and procedure is qualified for. Must meet the following qualifications:
- H.S. diploma or equivalent
- Sufficient product knowledge/welding procedures
- Ability to pass ASME welding test
- Must have current Basic Plus
- Must be willing to to submit to drug screens and other required safety training.
- Must read and write English language, blue print reading, ability to pass ASME welding test, job shop/field fabrication required.
- Required Tools- Welding Hood, hard hat, tig torch, welding whip, steel measuring tape, wire cutters, center punch, gloves, ball pein hammer, FRC Clothing, hex key wrenches, adequate tool box.
Keywords: combo welder, welder
Full Time, Temp Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Beaumont, TX
Position Type: Full Time, Temp Position
Date Posted: 6/19/2018