Senior Human Resources - Costa Mesa, CA
Manufacturing company seeks Senior Human Resources Generalist for a Direct Hire Opportunity.
Under minimal supervision, perform, coordinate, and administer assigned functions of Human Resources Department, which will include a combination of some of the following responsibilities, with another incumbent performing the remaining combination of responsibilities (assigned responsibilities will be based on prior experience, and may be adjusted over time): Work closely with insurance broker, who also provides outsourced benefits administration, in communicating benefits-related information and conducting health, wellness, and safety fairs; administer 401(k) retirement plan; administer workers’ compensation program; administer recruiting function; administer leaves of absence; coordinate employee appreciation and service award events; provide salary survey data; update and maintain job descriptions; perform EEO-1 and Vets 4212 reporting obligations; translate internal/external documents into Spanish; assist with managing the performance appraisal process; assist with various departmental projects; perform other related duties as assigned. Bilingual in English and Spanish required.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinate with insurance broker the process of timely disseminating insurance benefit information to new hires;
• Collaborate with insurance broker in drafting the annual benefits summary booklet;
• Enter insurance payroll deductions related to group and voluntary insurance plans into Human Capital Management (HCM) system;
• Work closely with insurance broker in planning, coordinating, and administering annual open enrollment sessions for medical, dental, vision, and voluntary supplemental insurance plans;
• Work closely with insurance broker in planning, coordinating, and conducting annual employee health, wellness, and safety fair;
• Schedule annual flu shots with vendor to coordinate with health, wellness, and safety fair;
• Communicate regularly with insurance broker/outsourced benefits administrator to ensure smooth day-to-day administration of insurance benefit plans;
• Perform 401(k) administration:
• Determine 401(k) deferral eligibility;
• Conduct semi-annual open enrollment process;
• Electronically process 401(k) enrollments and changes;
• Collect and produce required data and reports for annual 401(k) audits;
• Maintain paper and electronic files;
• Plan, administer and coordinate ongoing employee 401(k) plan education efforts;
• Enter 401(k) deferrals into HCM system and 401(k) provider’s website;
• Review, verify, and approve employee Jury Duty and Bereavement Leave requests, and Educational Reimbursement requests;
• Run canned reports and create and produce various ad hoc reports, as needed;
• Administer, monitor, and track leaves of absence (FMLA, CFRA, PDL, PFL, USERRA, Personal, etc.);
• Monitor and collect insurance premium payments and/or 401(k) loan payments from employees on leave of absence;
• Perform data entry, typing, word processing, mail merge, filing, as needed, for job at hand;
• Provide input regarding benefits offered to employees;
• Draft internal and external correspondence (letters, memos, employee bulletins) to employees, plan participants, retirees, and insurance broker;
• Translate memos, employee bulletins, and other human resources related documents into Spanish;
• Update and maintain all job descriptions;
• Assist in evaluating positions, researching market salary data in various geographical locations, and developing compensation structures;
• Coordinate and schedule with internal/external attendees the HR department’s upcoming year’s events and meetings;
• Administer worker’s compensation activity, maintain related records, reports and files, and adhere to posting requirements;
• Administer internal and external recruitment and employment processes;
• Maintain and update Forms I-9 in compliance with DHS regulations;
• Administer service award recognition program;
• Coordinate and administer employee appreciation programs and events;
• Compile data and submit annual EEO-1 Survey and Vets 4212 data;
• Assist with performance appraisal program;
• Coordinate training programs;
• Assist Human Resources Manager and departmental colleagues in all aspects of department functions, as needed;
• Regular punctuality, attendance, and absence reporting in conformance with company policies is essential to the successful performance of this position; and
• Fully comply with company rules, policies, procedures, and safety guidelines to ensure safe and effective operations.
Any combination equivalent of, but not limited to, the following:
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management, or related field; a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Senior Human Resources Generalist capacity, including administering group insurance and 401(k) employee retirement savings plans, leaves of absence, drafting job descriptions, researching and developing compensation structures, administering a performance appraisal program, in a 150+ employee environment, preferably within a manufacturing setting. PHR or SPHR certification a plus.
• Working knowledge of fully funded and self-funded group medical (HMO/PPO), dental (HMO/PPO), vision, and supplemental insurance plans (life, disability, accident, cancer, hospital, etc.), programs and procedures including benefit continuation (COBRA) and deferred retirement savings (401(k)) plans;
• Knowledge of principles and practices of benefits management and administration, including program planning, implementation, evaluation, current trends, and issues related to employer-sponsored benefit programs, contracting processes, and administration;
• Thorough understanding of workers’ compensation administration, injured worker return-to-work process, and associated cost-saving measures;
• Extensive background in employment advertising, contract labor, and overall recruitment processes;
• Working knowledge of state & federal employment, wage & hour regulations;
• General understanding of insurance rate and contract negotiations with insurance carriers and brokers, and coordination with provider organizations and third-party administrators;
• Familiarity with HCM systems and cloud-based benefit administration programs;
• Understanding of ERISA and HIPAA guidelines and regulations;
• Considerable knowledge of office administration practices;
• Ability to fluently read, write and speak in both English & Spanish using proper context, grammar, punctuation, and spelling;
• Ability to translate employee/business communications from English to Spanish & vice versa;
• Ability to work and interact cooperatively with others both inside and outside the company;
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions;
• Must be proficient in MS Office software applications: Outlook, Word and Excel; familiarity with SharePoint a plus;
At Advantage Resourcing, our primary objective is to perfectly align the best people with the appropriate job whether it is a temporary assignment or career position. We place talented people in a wide variety of jobs with companies across the country in areas such as: manufacturing, distribution & logistics, call centers, hospitality, skilled trades, administrative & clerical, and retail.
We provide associates working on temporary assignments with the opportunity to develop their careers through skills testing and training. Additionally, associates can earn benefits such as health insurance and 401(k).
Whether you are trying to discover your work interests, find your first job, or take the next step in your career, Advantage Resourcing can help you discover the personal and career success you desire.
Advantage Resourcing offers a competitive compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits package and 401(k) plan.
Advantage Resourcing is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Human Resources, HR, Human Resources, HR, Human Resources
Costa Mesa, CA
Full Time, Temp Position
Apply for this Position
Senior Human Resources
City, State or Zip Code: Costa Mesa, CA
Position Type: Full Time, Temp Position
Date Posted: 6/26/2018