Recruiter - Hammond, LA
At Advantage Staffing, our primary objective is to perfectly align the best people with the appropriate job whether it is for a temporary assignment or a career position. We place talented people in a wide variety of jobs with companies across the country in areas such as: manufacturing, distribution & logistics, call centers, hospitality, skilled trades, administrative & clerical, and retail.
The primary purpose of this position is to source, qualify and place talent on assignment at client sites. The duties related to this position include recruiting, pre-screening, interviewing, checking references, and maintaining talent and client records. In addition to this, the Recruiter will support the team in providing excellent customer service to further business relationships with both current and potential customers.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel when necessary to attend meetings and training classes
- Knowledge of employment laws, company policies and procedures to make informed decisions regarding placements
- Ability to establish relationships with clients, peers, candidates, talent and centers of influence to drive business
- Ability to navigate employee relations issues and partner with key corporate teams to resolve
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum of two years recruiting or sales experience, preferably within a service industry, and with a proven track record
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Preferred Education and Experience
- Industry specific certifications preferred
- Prior human resources experience a plus
- Perform recruiting activities, including but not limited to, social media recruiting, job board recruiting, networking, job fair attendance and direct sourcing
- Conduct thorough interviews, background investigations and testing required for client assignments to maintain a pool of skilled Talent at all times.
- Negotiate Pay Rates
- Make determination as to appropriate client bill rate.
- Determine candidate’s appropriate to submit to client and manage the submission process from initial submission through interviewing and testing and finally assisting in determining placement of candidates.
- Onboard candidates and prepare for client assignments
- Assist location in contacting existing clients to skill market availability of candidates who match their needs
- Manage pool of talent, including hiring, firing, conducting performance evaluations, and counseling for improved job performance.
- Develop repeat and referral business through excellent service and follow-up activities.
- Keep abreast of new businesses within the marketplace and make timely initial contact
- Follow-up on all business leads from sources within the company.
- Interact regularly with the sales and operations staff to ensure accurate and complete communication with clients and Talent.
- Other projects as assigned by Supervisor
- Maintain compliance, including I-9s, backgrounds, drug screening and various federal and state employment laws.
- Participate in networking opportunities within the community both virtually and in person and develop key centers of influence
Equal Employment Opportunity
Advantage Resourcing Americas, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard for race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected categories. Advantage is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Keywords: recruiter, staffing, sales
Full Time, Career Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Hammond, LA
Position Type: Full Time, Career Position
Date Posted: 5/31/2018