Assembly Mechanic - Brookshire, TX
Now hiring in Brookshire TX!!! Apply Now!!!
Summary of Company
If you are looking for the best career opportunities with a well established company who is willing to offer a challenging career for individuals like you, who will together create great products and solutions touching millions and millions of people every day.
Our client is located in Brookshire TX and their solution is to help their partners and customers move water to where it is supposed to go. Providing drinking water for the smallest villages and the highest skyscrapers, treating and removing wastewater and bringing heat and comfort to the world – or cool it down if needed.
The assembly area and responsibilities include duties performed in relation to clean and prep, paint booth, kitting area, trim file and balance, water test and all of the assembly lines and stations. Be environmentally conscious of work environment. The Assembly Mechanic (AM) is responsible for ensuring quality and safety at all times while performing duties which include in-shop assembly of new construction pumps in addition to assisting with inventory related assignments and general shop related duties, including clean up and building maintenance. The AM is also responsible to assist with field service related projects in the shop and/or field environment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Packaging of kits
- Trimming and balancing of impellers
- Preparing material for assembly in the clean and prep area by sandblasting, using a wire wheel or brush.
- Prepping materials before and after paint operations.
- Assembly and Disassembly of pumps in shop.
- Water testing and hydro testing of pumps.
- Assisting service mechanics in field repair as required.
- Confirming operations on production orders by initialing the operation and completing the SAP transactions.
- Supporting and actively participating in all 5S activities on a daily basis including maintaining, department’s equipment and tools.
- Completing comprehensive inspections of pumps and components.
- Identifying the cause(s) of mechanical/electrical pump failures and recommending corrective action.
- Record and monitor each order’s labor and material.
- Inventory functions, to include stocking, pulling parts, and conducting inventory audits under direction.
- Adhering to inventory control and other company procedures as applicable.
- Performing all work in compliance with company policies, procedures, legislation, regulations and direction and identify non-compliance situations for resolution.
- Complying with all health and safety initiatives to ensure the Company remains a safe workplace.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Mechanical aptitude and the ability to read and apply mathematics to work from engineering drawings and schematics to determine assembly procedures and problem solve.
- Ability to operate precision instruments
- Basic understanding of the fundamentals of electricity.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally in the English language to understand and use written or verbal control and work instructions,
- Ability to successfully complete forklift training.
- Exhibit professional conduct, cooperation, collaboration and interpersonal skills with customers, colleagues and managers.
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) or a combination of training, education and experience.
Experience with vertical and/or horizontal pump assembly. Crane lift rigging and fork lift experience is an asset.
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
- This position requires the incumbent to stand for extended periods of time, frequently grasp tools, stoop, crouch, reach, stand, and walk when performing duties; twist and reach when assembling parts.
- Specific vision abilities include close, distance and peripheral vision.
- Lifting pumps and/or boxes up to 50 lbs.
- Able to work in a non-climate controlled factory or field environment.
Hours: 5AM-3:30PM 8-12 hour shifts Monday- Saturday
Keywords: kitting, assembly, mechanic TNHO
Full Time, Temp Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Brookshire, TX
Position Type: Full Time, Temp Position
Date Posted: 8/02/2018