Human Services Specialist III - Abilene, TX
Advantage Resourcing is now seeking a Human Services Specialist for a non-profit agency in Brownwood, TX!
If you have community resources knowledge, and want to help your fellow citizens, APPLY NOW!
As the Human Services Specialist, you will perform extensive data entry and maintenance of client information. You may train and/or supervise volunteers. You will provide advocacy training and conduct outreach for individuals with disabilities to hold leadership positions in the community. Duties may include planning, organizing and implementing fiscal and program reporting operations and/or outreach activities. You will also work under moderate supervision with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Works with the Director, with the staff of the Community Programs Department and the Finance Department, with the staff of other area agencies and with the staff of systems companies and state and federal offices in any or all of the following data management functions:
- Uses several different software package applications that perform numerous computations, arithmetic, and logic operations to arrange, sort and/or manipulate data (e.g., word processing, spreadsheet, database management, graphics, or statistical analysis software).
- Maintains the necessary security controls over the software.
- Makes presentations and briefings for on-site and off-site training sessions.
- Manages a local area network.
- Assists in planning, organizing and implementing outreach activities.
- Plans, produces, distributes, compiles and analyzes customer satisfaction surveys.
- Participates in program development.
- Interviews clients, their family, friends, or authorized representatives to collect information necessary to determine program eligibility or to obtain social and developmental history and status.
- May instruct clients in the proper use of services.
- May identify problem areas and service gaps.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION GUIDELINES
Experience and Education
- Experience in computer work, especially Excel, database and queries.
- Experience in public speaking and advocacy for individuals is preferred. Experience in human services work is helpful.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a major course work in human services, social science, business, or a related field is generally preferred.
- Education and experience may be substituted for one another.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Accuracy in performing data entry and mathematical computations.
- Knowledge of community and government service delivery systems and case management delivery systems; and of interviewing techniques; of the techniques of computer operations; and of community resources.
- Skill/ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with service providers, state and local government officials and the general public; and in conducting individual needs assessments.
- Ability to identify problems, to analyze data and develop workable solutions; to convey instructions and explanations clearly and concisely; and to negotiate services.
Keywords: case manager, human services, community developement, community resources, disability resources, case management, human services,
Full Time, Temp Position
Apply for this Position
Human Services Specialist III
City, State or Zip Code: Abilene, TX
Position Type: Full Time, Temp Position
Date Posted: 10/17/2018