Fitter - Abilene, TX
APPLY TODAY!!! Advantage resourcing is currently taking applications for welders/fitters with a reputable, family owned company, in Abilene, TX. We are looking for candidates that are trust-worthy, reliable, goal driven and can work well in a team setting and independently.
Fabricate and weld steel structures and components to customer specifications utilizing applicable work instruction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: includes but is not limited to the following duties.
- Review daily schedule both planned and actual
- Attending tier meetings
- Work with Fitter 2S and GPTs to coordinate workforce
- Review drawings and blue prints for special job requirements
- Complete owned projects and assist other teams with their projects.
- Work with team on problem solving,
- Work with team to maintain a safe work environment.
- Work with team to achieve on-time and quality products.
- Lead and support team in continuous improvement.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to set parameters, change wire, gas and liner on MIG welder.
- Talent will be required to work with tape measures, squares and straight edges, welding machine, cutting torch, rolls and iron workers, blue prints, MES stating and telephone.
- Knowledge of weld procedure sheet, including an understanding of the significance and applicability.
- Understanding of weld map, weld data sheets, back gouge parameter chart and have extensive blue print reading skills.
- Ability to efficiently and independently use 02/fuel hand torch, belch torch, flat tape, ruler, hand grinder, hard-stone and wire wheel, sanding pad, cut-off wheel, hand scraper, welding pliers, fillet weld gauge to perform all tasks associated with position.
- Able to locate and reference all work instructions pertaining to current job or project.
- Understanding of department KPIs, metrics and measurables.
- Sense of urgency and accountability.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 1 years of welding experience or, completion of an accredited two year welder’s training program or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of materials, production processes, quality, raw materials and other techniques, methods and tools involved in the process of fabricating steel support structures.
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education approved by Human Resources.
If you are a motivated individual who wants to kick start your career with an outstanding company, apply today for this exciting opportunity!
Keywords: welder, fitter, grinder, MIG, TIG, Flux core, MIG Welding, TIG Welding
Full Time, Temp Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Abilene, TX
Position Type: Full Time, Temp Position
Date Posted: 8/24/2018