Purchasing/Buyer - Marshall, TX
• Manage procurement of raw material commodities ensuring cost effective purchasing, which results in the lowest cost and highest quality material that can be received in a reasonable time frame
• Actively review invoices to determine accuracy and identify discrepancies creating appropriate recommendations for disposition
• Establish vendor relationships providing opportunities for presentation of products and services that may be beneficial and productive to all concerned
• Continually monitor current and prospective vendor performance and manage accounts accordingly
• Establish and maintain proper inventory levels through consumption analysis, maximizing inventory turn ratio
• Analyze system status reports utilizing all data including placement orders, expediting, rescheduling and dispositions of surplus materials
• Assist in monitoring material placed in quarantine by efficiently disposing of rejected items in a timely manner and issuing applicable paperwork
Must be self motivated, work well with people at all levels within the organization, experience with vendor identification, qualification and negotiation, possess a mathematical aptitude and experience with BOM's and CAD specifications, have a strong customer service bias and leadership/supervisory skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
Knowledge and skill in MS Office Excel and Word, Purchasing software, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software, Material Requirements Planning (MRP) software and 3-5 years experience.
HS Diploma, BA degree preferred, Procurement, supply chain management or related field of study, Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) preferred and APICS CPIM preferred.
$45,000-$52,000 annually DOE
Keywords: purchase, buy
Full Time, Career Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Marshall, TX
Position Type: Full Time, Career Position
Date Posted: 10/25/2018