Senior Accountant - Lafayette, LA
The Fixed Asset Accountants primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, recording the cost of newly acquired fixed assets (both tangible and intangible), tracking existing fixed assets, recording depreciation, and accounting for the disposition of fixed assets, participate in inventory/fixed asset physical counts, and prepare various analyses of regional and consolidated fixed asset activity.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required.
CPA or other certification preferred.
Minimum 5+ years of progressive accounting/audit experience for a public company with strong analytical, financial control, and accounting skills; prior experience in fixed asset accounting is desirable.
- Strong technical understanding of principles, practices and procedures of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Advanced computer skills with skilled proficiency in MS Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio)
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment, and to make well-reasoned and timely decisions.
- Results oriented and innovative self-starter with the ability to recognize opportunities to do things more efficiently and effectively.
- Experience in managing a timely close and quickly being able to recognize material items that require resolution or escalation with the Controller
- Strategic thinking skills to prioritize work in alignment with project objectives or goals, recognizes linkages and understands impact of individual actions on other parts of the Company.
- Possess strong analytical, research, and organizational skills, issue identification/prioritization/resolution, and report writing skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management including executives in a professional and productive manner.
- Record fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions in the accounting system.
- Track the compilation of project costs into fixed asset accounts, and close out those accounts once the related projects have been completed
- Assist Manager and Operations personnel in conducting periodic reviews of the fixed asset schedule to identify items for obsolescence, dispositions/sale for scrap.
- Run depreciation for all fixed assets.
- Reconcile the balance in the fixed asset subsidiary ledger to the general ledger.
- Prepare audit schedules relating to fixed assets, and assist the auditors in their inquiries.
- Assist in conducting periodic physical inventory counts for certain entities under Shared Services.
- Reconcile specific general ledger accounts.
- Complete assigned duties as it relates to the month-end close process for fixed assets such as preparing journal entries, analyzing and reconciling fixed asset balances between systems and with operational inputs to identify variances. Activities should be performed with a high degree of accuracy and in accordance with demanding deadlines.
- Prepare audit schedules as assigned by Manager.
- Assist in the development of robust policies and procedures for the Global Fixed Asset Accounting Team including preparation of training materials.
- Review Material Transfer reports.
- Working with other entities to avoid duplication of serial numbers for fixed assets.
- Assist with any special project required by management.
Keywords: Accountant, Senior Accountant
Full Time, Temp Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Lafayette, LA
Position Type: Full Time, Temp Position
Date Posted: 8/10/2018