Material Handler - Houston, TX
Purpose Receive, store, issue, and ship materials, equipment, and other items from stockroom, warehouse, or storage yard. Keep records and compile stock reports.
• Receive and count stock items, and record data manually or using computer.
• Pack and unpack items to be stocked on shelves in stockrooms, warehouses, or storage yards.
• Verify inventory computations by comparing them to physical counts of stock, and investigate discrepancies or adjust errors.
• Store items in an orderly and accessible manner in warehouses, tool rooms, supply rooms, or other areas.
• Mark stock items using identification tags, stamps, electric marking tools, or other labeling equipment.
• Examine contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy of incoming or outgoing shipment.
• Prepare documents, such as work orders, bills of lading, and shipping orders to route materials to domestic and international locations.
• Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability, and damages and discrepancies, for reporting, accounting, and recordkeeping purposes.
• Determine shipping method for materials, using knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
• Deliver or route materials to departments, using work devices, such as hand truck and sorting bins.
• Pack, seal, label, and affix postage to prepare materials for shipping, using work devices such as hand tools, power tools, and postage meter.
• Confer and correspond with establishment representatives to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, and nonconformance to specifications.
• Requisition and store shipping materials and supplies to maintain inventory of stock.
• Contact carrier representative to make arrangements and to issue instructions for shipping and delivery of materials.
• Compute amounts, such as space available, and shipping, storage, and demurrage charges, using calculator or price list.
• Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas in order to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
• Determine proper storage methods, identification, and stock location based on turnover, environmental factors, and physical capabilities of facilities.
• Keep records on the use and/or damage of stock or stock handling equipment.
• Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors.
• Provide assistance or direction to other stockroom, warehouse, or storage yard workers.
• On Call is a requirement.
• Ability to operate material handling equipment.
• Knowledge of shipping and receiving activities.
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service and personal services.
• High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
• One (1) to Two (2) years’ experience in a warehouse environment preferred. Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
? Skill to effectively manage time to meet operational needs and desired outcomes.
? Provides assistance to others when they need it
? Checks the accuracy of own and others' work Working Conditions This position is considered
Keywords: material handler, shipping, receiving, cycle counting
Full Time, Temp Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Houston, TX
Position Type: Full Time, Temp Position
Date Posted: 11/03/2018