Lead Carpenter - Monroe, LA
Advantage Resourcing has an immediate position for a lead carpenter to join its expanding job force located in Monroe, LA. The Lead Carpenter is a lead member of a highly skilled crew specializing in property restoration and must have leadership skills and strong knowledge of construciton.
- Follows written and verbal instructions to cut, shape, assemble.
- Work with Multi-Family, New constuction and Remodeling projects
- Following directions as well as the ability to direct others
- Be adherent of safety procedures
- Be able to Read a measurements accurately
- Cut, measure and mark materials. Also uses electric circular saws to trim and cut materials to size.
- Finish, sand, stain, and if necessary, coat with a sealer, such as lacquer or vanish by hand or with spray gun. Smooth door surfaces by applying metal, fiberglass, and wood body filler.
- finishing the job in a timely manner and within budget
- Strong Oral & Written Communication Skills
- Must be skilled in framing, finished carpentry, drywall and tile installation
- Self Sufficient/Multi task craftsman
- Team work oriented
- Good attendance a Priority
- Ability to use and operate related work aides to include ruler, router, saws and other power tools.
- Mechanical ability, manual dexterity, and the ability to pay attention to detail.
- Excellent math skills.
- Must have excellent attention to detail and quality control skills.
- Must be able to read shop drawings or instructions to cut dimensions for milling as required.
- Must be able to work alone without guidance and contribute to the overall goals of the department.
- Previous Forklift Experience a Must
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Be able to work in Non-Climate controlled Environment
This position is a temp to hire position, working for a company that offers the opportunities for growth, 401K, insurance and vacation packages. . If you feel that you are qualified please apply immediately.
Keywords: construction, management, carpenttry, finish carpentry, rough carpentry
Full Time, Temp Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Monroe, LA
Position Type: Full Time, Temp Position
Date Posted: 8/09/2018