Accountant - Bastrop, LA
Degreed Accountant for Local Supply Company
The primary responsibilities of the Accountant are to write journal entries, reconcile accounts, and perform month end closing responsibilities. These responsibilities include maintaining financial reporting systems, and assisting with financial reporting requirements. This position also assists with research and resolution of balancing issues and management requests.
- Records journal entries (normal and reversing). Also monitors account balances by drilling down to the account activity and details and creates cost center queries to assist with questions and problems.
- Processes inter and intra company account transactions and must be able to distinguish the differences between the two.
- Balances and reconciles monthly accounts and performs quarterly write-off as required.
- Performs monthly account reconciliations. Maintains a thorough understanding of appropriate activity for each account and researches unusual activity.
- Maintains ownership of reconciling items and sees them through clearance.
- Keeps management informed of exception activity that is material..
- Performs month-end closing duties. Analyzes accounts, and researches problems. Takes ownership of responsibilities and strives to improve processes and meet deadlines.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Years of Related Professional Experience: 3-5
- General accounting knowledge
- Must be analytical to review work and identify issues
- Excellent overall computer skills. Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required.
- Must be a self starter that requires little supervision
- Must be flexible and able to react quickly to projects as well as accept change
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to set priorities and manage time efficiently
- Must be professional and a team player
- Must make sure that numbers work and are correct. An eye for details and due diligence for accuracy is part of who you are and not something you need to be reminded of.
- Strong communication (oral, written, listening) skills both to finance and non-finance people
Keywords: accounting, cost
Full Time, Temp Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Bastrop, LA
Position Type: Full Time, Temp Position
Date Posted: 6/11/2018