Collections Specialist in Shared Services - Lafayette, LA
Our Partner in the Oil and Gas Industry has an immeidatel opening for a credit and collections specialist to report directly to their credit and collections manager.
The Collection Specialist performs daily activities related to handling, processing and collection calls and/or correspondence for customer accounts.
- Making daily collection calls and documenting collection follow up activity to reduce delinquency on accounts while minimizing losses.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining assigned accounts while accountable for reducing delinquency for assigned account.
- Research Invoice Discrepancies and customer disputes.
- Monitors outstanding account balances for determination of advancement in the collection process.
- Provides clear communication and customer service on collection issues to external customers and internal business partners.
- Provides customer service regarding collection issues, resolves client discrepancies and short payments.
- Provide assistance for processing invoice releases.
- Enlist the efforts of sales and management when necessary to advance the collection process.
- Must communicate & follow up effectively with sales department regarding customer accounts on a timely basis.
- Contact customers whose accounts are past due to negotiate resolution and sends correspondence in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Collects in accordance with all state and federal laws inclusive of Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA).
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Completes special projects and other related duties timely and accurately as assigned by the Credit and Collections Manager.
Keywords: Credit, Collections, Accounts Recievable
Full Time, Temp Position
Apply for this Position
Collections Specialist in Shared Services
City, State or Zip Code: Lafayette, LA
Position Type: Full Time, Temp Position
Date Posted: 6/19/2018