Saw Operator - New Albany, IN
• Repetitively lift metal extrusions of various lengths from metal carriers to saw in-feed table.
• Set up Saw to cut pieces to desired specifications.
• Insure all cuts are made to meet customer specifications and tolerances.
• Verify the number of cuts per length is in accordance to the work order.
• Gather all material needed
• Visually inspect metal while forming bundles looking for burrs, scratches, chips, gouges, dents, bubbles, die lines, etc. Insure all pieces meet or exceed customer specifications.
When material is questionable, contact Foreman, Supervisor or QA Inspector for review / approval.
• Maintain a neat and orderly work area including general housekeeping of the work area
•Performs other duties as assigned.
•Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers.
•Ability to use measuring devices such as tape measures or rulers.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 - 75 lbs. repeatedly
• Good teamwork ability
• High attention to detail
• Position requires the ability to stand for long lengths of time
• Qualified applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or several years related experience/training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
$15 - $17 / hr DOE
New Albany, IN
Full Time, Temp Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: New Albany, IN
Position Type: Full Time, Temp Position
Date Posted: 6/15/2018