Driver Development Specialist - Chattanooga, TN
Responsible for delivering driver training and development, assessing and coaching drivers of articulated vehicles, both in the truck and in a simulator environment, maintaining accurate records of all training, and fostering an encouraging learning environment.
- Conduct driver facing development in classroom, one-on-one, and hands-on settings
- Present information using a variety of instructional techniques or formats, i.e., role-playing, simulations, team exercise, group discussions, and videos
- Facilitate and implement simulator training and development programs and maintain knowledge of simulator technology to develop and implement curriculum
- Coach/Counsel drivers in collaboration with Operations and Safety for violations of DOT Regulations, FMCSR, safety standards, and company policies
- Conduct on-road tests and other evaluations with drivers to determine if drivers meet U.S. Xpress skills standards and are in compliance with safety, DOT, FMCSR, and company regulations and policies
- Class-A CDL (Interstate) and active Medical Certification required, or the ability to acquire within 90 days of hire.
- Skilled in operating an articulated vehicle and trailer up to 53’ preferred
- Ability to travel up to 25%; some overnight travel may be required
Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience required. Minimum of 2 years in the training/development delivery REQUIRED.
Experience in the transportation industry a plus.
This position works 40% in a professional office setting and 60% in a Class 8 tractor.
Must submit to a background check and drug screen Advantage Resourcing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: transportation, Chattanooga
Full Time, Career Position
Apply for this Position
Driver Development Specialist
City, State or Zip Code: Chattanooga, TN
Position Type: Full Time, Career Position
Date Posted: 6/19/2018