Bevel Operator - Abilene, TX
Advantage Resourcing is now seeking Bevel Operators in Abilene, TX!
If you are dependable, have a strong work ethic, and possess exceptional mechanical abilities, WE WANT YOU!
The Bevel Operator is responsible for edging steel plates to place the proper bevel angle, per specifications, using the knowledge of metal fabrication, engineering requirements and bevel work instructions.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (May include some or all of the following responsibilities)
- Check orientation of parts
- Properly use gantry and replace cutting wheels
- Clean and de-burr plate
- Bevel plate to customer specifications; which includes the set-up of angle and thickness pinch
- Inspection of equipment, reporting issues to maintenance or repairing
- Record job and section worked on in time matrix
- Knowledge of materials, production processes, quality, raw materials and other techniques, methods and tools involved in the process of fabricating steel support structures.
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education approved by Human Resources.
- All Candidates must be consenting to a background check and drug screen.
- Ability to efficiently and independently operate beveling equipment, keeping up with production needs.
- Ability to utilize the hand grinder, hand scraper, tape measure, caliper and protractor to perform tasks associated with position.
- Able to locate and reference all work instructions related to current job or project.
- Understanding of department KPIs, metrics and measurables.
- Sense of urgency and accountability.
If this sounds like you, DON’T DELAY – APPLY NOW!
Keywords: machine operator, warehouse, general labor, labor, bevel operator, beveller, beveler, mechanic,
Full Time, Temp Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Abilene, TX
Position Type: Full Time, Temp Position
Date Posted: 10/22/2018