Combo Welder - Houston, TX
Advantage has an immediate opening for a Combo Welder in the Northwest side of Houston. If you have at least 2 years of experience welding and fitting and can pass a 3G welding test then this is the job for you!!! Apply NOW!!! Please contact Griscel Arriaga at 713-690-4610.
- Fits and weld components to complete a weldment per AWS D1.1 Code.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience, welding and fitting, in a manufacturing environment.
- • Ability to interpret blueprints.
- • Knowledge of basic math, including decimals and fractions.
- • Proficient in the use of various hand tools necessary to complete a weldment (hand torch, square, level, tape measure, etc.)
- • Must be able to get certified in 3G position on 1” plate.
- • Ability to weld and get certified in 6GR position.
- • Good oral and written communication skills.
- • Ability to operate material handling equipment.
- • Capable of working with minimal supervision.
Shift and Schedule:
- 1st shift
- 10 hours a day 5 days a week lots of OT.
- Must be able to work long hours and weekends.
- 6G welding test The 6G welding test, also known as the Arkansas bellhole test,
- Must be able to weld successfully FCAW (Flux Core Arc Welding) using .045” welding wire
Keywords: welder, fitter, fabricator, combo, combination, TNHO
Full Time, Temp Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Houston, TX
Position Type: Full Time, Temp Position
Date Posted: 6/29/2018