Carpenter - New Orleans, LA
Carpenters Needed in New Orleans
Duties & Requirements:
- Attach parts and subassemblies together to form completed units, using glue, dowels, nails, screws, and/or clamps.
- Bore holes for insertion of screws or dowels, by hand or using boring machines.
- Cut material to the right size and shape and trim parts of joints to ensure a snug fit, using hand tools such as planes, chisels, or files.
- Dip, brush, or spray assembled articles with protective or decorative finishes such as stain, varnish, paint, or lacquer.
- Install hardware such as hinges, handles, catches, and drawer pulls, using hand tools.
- Measure and mark dimensions of parts on paper or stock prior to cutting, following blueprints, to ensure a tight fit and quality product.
- Perform final touch-ups with sandpaper and steel wool.
- Produce and assemble components of articles such as store fixtures, office equipment, cabinets, and high-grade furniture.
- Reinforce joints with nails or other fasteners to prepare articles for finishing.
- Set up and operate machines, including power saws, jointers, mortisers, tenoners, molders, and shapers, to cut, mold, and shape.
- Trim, sand, and scrape surfaces and joints to prepare articles for finishing.
- On-site installation of DIRTT walls
- Various duties and assignments as needed
- Must be drug free
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must have all required relevant tools
Shift: M-F 7am to 3:30pm
Pay: $15-21/hour DOE
Keywords: Carpenter, New Orleans, Carpenter Helper
New Orleans, LA
Full Time, Temp Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: New Orleans, LA
Position Type: Full Time, Temp Position
Date Posted: 7/24/2018