Saw Room - Cranston, RI
1st shift position for Saw Room!!!
• Operates all power saws safely and efficiently to ensure quality output.
• Follows instructions as directed by team lead, production supervisor, and/or plant manager.
• Cuts foam sticks and finished brick to specified size.
• Ensures retrieval bins are adequately placed to capture the cut output from the saws.
• Pushes the bin containing the cut foam sticks or finished brick to the next station in the production process.
• Maintains clean work area.
• Regular, responsible, reliable, dependable and predictable attendance.
• Identifies and records any problems relating to the product, process, and quality system.
• Reports and identifies any and all safety hazards or malfunctions to supervisor immediately.
• Cross-trains on other production positions to provide assistance where/when necessary.
• Performs other related duties as required, requested or assigned.
• Focus on safety and quality.
• Strong work ethic with a focus on solving problems, working productively and taking pride in accomplishments and work.
• Ability to read/comprehend written and oral instructions in English, including safety rules/ standards, operating procedures, product specifications, material identification, etc. preferred.
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND EDUCATION
• High School diploma or GED equivalent, preferred.
• Previous experience using saws a plus, but not required.
• Must participate in and maintain all required equipment and safety training.
Keywords: Saw room, Utility worker
Full Time, Temp Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Cranston, RI
Position Type: Full Time, Temp Position
Date Posted: 8/01/2018