Sanitation Supervisor - North Kingstown, RI
Position available for Sanitation Supervisor!!!
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Supervise the sanitation team and conduct weekly sanitation meetings and participating in monthly safety meetings.
- Fill in with hands-on work when tasks require > 1 person and when short-handed or covering breaks/vacations.
- Ensure that all food processing equipment, floors and walls are cleaned and sanitized according to the master sanitation schedules.
- Measure, through time studies, task times with goal of continuous improvement
- Perform ATP’s of assigned areas, and other areas as requested. Develop corrective actions as needed.
- Manage the 3rd Party Chemical provider; Chemical Program and Approved Chemical ownership
- Order and maintain proper storage of chemicals & cleaning materials/tools
- Manage the cleaning and sanitation of all food surfaces, equipment and waste disposal areas.
- Manage sanitation/housekeeping tasks facility wide as well as grounds – ex: shoveling, salting, etc.
- Manage garbage disposal/waste removal --- scheduling of pickups
- Manage the cleaning activities associated with general office and staff amenity areas; is a collaborating role in general facilities management. Rev. 4/09/2018
- Reviewing and confirming accuracy of MSS and quality of completion
- Evaluate and manage changes to the MSS as it relates to new equipment, and or changes in procedure or process
- Chemical training responsibilities – responsible for training entire site staff in the appropriate handling, dispensing and application of chemicals
- Perform Cleaning and Sanitation Validation activities on new equipment and processes as needed.
- Responsible for training of department personnel on new cleaning/sanitation equipment & processes.
- Responsible for training of department staff on safety practices, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for training, administering and enforcing company policy and procedures.
- Assist the Food Safety/Quality Manager in developing, making recommendations on and implementing the sanitation budget.
- Thorough knowledge of food manufacturing process and operations, preferably in a food, beverage or bakery manufacturing environment.
- Thorough knowledge of chemicals and usage.
- Knowledge of USDA/FDA rules and regulations.
- Thorough knowledge of SSOPs and HACCP/GFSI schemes/ FSMA sanitation controls.
- Knowledge of Sanitation Validation
- Must have a minimum of 3 to 5 years of food industry sanitation & supervisory experience or equivalent.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish or English/French) a plus.
Keywords: Sanitation Supervisor, Sanitation
North Kingstown, RI
Full Time, Temp Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: North Kingstown, RI
Position Type: Full Time, Temp Position
Date Posted: 8/03/2018