Estimator - Waggman, LA
Prepare bid proposals to customers using cost estimates and price structures. Perform technical and commercial evaluations of customer requirements and documents.
- Prepares work to be estimated by gathering vendor quotes, blueprints, specifications, and related RFQ documents.
- Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying vendor quotes, blueprints, specifications, and related RFQ documents.
- Computes costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements.
- Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Presents quotations to clients based upon their technical and commercial requirements; to an accurate professional standard.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains cost database by entering and backing up data.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications.
- Use of pipe support selection software (PSDesigner) and Microsoft Excel.
- Creates written proposals using MS Word.
- Proficient in basic math skills including: computation, fractions, percentages, basic measurements including metric, basic geometry and basic trigonometry.
- Extensive knowledge of pipe supports and product offerings.
- Proficient in Windows XP or higher, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, and PSD (Pipe Support Designer).
- Proficient in reading and understanding blue prints.
- Above average analytical skills as well as verbal and written communication.
- Detail oriented by nature.
- Must be able to work under time pressures, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
Shift: M-F 8am to 5pm
Pay: $18-22/hour DOE
Keywords: estimator, waggman, waggaman, new orleans
Full Time, Temp Position
Apply for this Position
City, State or Zip Code: Waggman, LA
Position Type: Full Time, Temp Position
Date Posted: 8/16/2018